an eye infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Lets be honest here, you aren't going to get any good solid advice unless you post a picture. I'm not sure why you're avoiding this.

Also, you either need to take it to the vet or ship it back to the seller and get your money back. Curing the tortoise on your own ecspecially when you really have no prior tortoise experience is probably not a good idea. There's no 100% gaurentee that the ointment you ordered is going to work. If you can't afford a large vet bill then you shouldn't have a tortoise. And lets be honest, we all know the breeders not going to front the vet bill.

Sometimes we have to think what's better for the tortoise rather then what's better for us.

Lulu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Isn't this exactly the issue I raised when you chose to euthanize your last tortoise rather than provide it with medical care? You need to take this tortoise to the vet, or find someone who is able and willing to properly provide for it. If the seller is refunding your money, perhaps you can use that. I would also suggest that you stop acquiring pets until you are willing to fully accept the responsibilities that go with them. You, of all people, should know that things don't always go as expected.

cyyoung749

5 Year Member
HipsterTorts said:
Lets be honest here, you aren't going to get any good solid advice unless you post a picture. I'm not sure why you're avoiding this.

Also, you either need to take it to the vet or ship it back to the seller and get your money back. Curing the tortoise on your own ecspecially when you really have no prior tortoise experience is probably not a good idea. There's no 100% gaurentee that the ointment you ordered is going to work. If you can't afford a large vet bill then you shouldn't have a tortoise. And lets be honest, we all know the breeders not going to front the vet bill.

Sometimes we have to think what's better for the tortoise rather then what's better for us.

vet here is too expensive last time i went to vet they asked me for 700 dollars for just few days of vet care.....
I cant afford 700 plus dollars for a vet. If i had the money i would but im a student a i cant afford. Im doing the best i could right now. This wont supposed to be sick like this it came so sick since the first day....

HipsterTorts said:

The reason i dont post pics is because i have not camera at all....
The camera i have on my phone is so old and i dont even have usb for it.

HipsterTorts said:
Could you post a picture, please? Just so I can see before I recommend anything.

i will borrow camera from my friends and post pics soon.
Thanks for the help!

Lulu said:
Isn't this exactly the issue I raised when you chose to euthanize your last tortoise rather than provide it with medical care? You need to take this tortoise to the vet, or find someone who is able and willing to properly provide for it. If the seller is refunding your money, perhaps you can use that. I would also suggest that you stop acquiring pets until you are willing to fully accept the responsibilities that go with them. You, of all people, should know that things don't always go as expected.

Ya i should get pet when im able to pay off the bills. I agree with you but getting sick tortoise like this makes me so depressed and tired.
The first one i got just died in 4days? and this one again sick on the first day....

Status
Not open for further replies.