Annual flowers

manetteaplin

5 Year Member
What is everyone's favorite/most healthy flowers to plant in your torts outdoor enclosure?

Prairie Mom

I have a few perennials I like too, but if we're only talking about Annuals then I would pick Snap Dragons, because they can handle a little snow and provide me an outdoor treat for a really long season...
snow snap.jpg

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
oooooh...found a new plant:) Thanks!

Their stems and leaves are velvety soft. When you cut the leaves, they have this distinct smell to them (kinda nice and fresh). My torts liked the flowers as well. You're welcome :D

manetteaplin

5 Year Member
Thanks! I'm always looking for tried and true favorites. So I'll take favorite of any outside plant as well! So far other then grass and weeds I have decorative grasses in corners mostly for shade (when they grow) lavender, rose of Sharon/hibiscus a few succulents, petunias , and late season I did nasturtiums

Prairie Mom

Thanks! I'm always looking for tried and true favorites. So I'll take favorite of any outside plant as well! So far other then grass and weeds I have decorative grasses in corners mostly for shade (when they grow) lavender, rose of Sharon/hibiscus a few succulents, petunias , and late season I did nasturtiums
I've been looking up all my flowers in my yard to see which ones make good tortoise food. I've been considering making a thread about it with photos and just keep adding to it as I find more. What succulents do you like? -I haven't really grown any. I tried ice plant once long before I had my tortoise and it died, but I'd love to try some out.

manetteaplin

5 Year Member
Theses are the two I plant most the Delosperma and the hen and chicken, the Delosperma flower beautify but my Tort doesn't eat either much, but they survive our cold wet winter well.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422495760.982212.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422495780.165533.jpg

the Turtle Shepherd

Location (City and/or State)
nowhere
chrysanthemums, come in all colors, come back twice as big next year, succulents of all types, neither are eaten but both are beautiful and edible