Another cat story

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
You would be surprised how many plants are poisonous to cats. Since its Easter and this was an Easter story it brought back the memory of four years ago when my neighbor gave me an Easter Lilly. Well my cat Lincoln being the little heifer that he is ate part of the plant. I had no idea they were poisonous to cats.

I’m lying on the sofa that night watching a movie, Lincoln is trying to get my attention, I thought he wanted to play and I was busy watching the movie. So Lincoln gets on the back of the sofa and jumps on my stomach then takes off running, came back three more times and did the same thing. The last time he jumped on my stomach then on the flooring and started throwing up, wouldn’t stop. I take him into the Emergency animal hospital where they question me about anything he may have eaten, so I told them about the plant. He spent two and a half days there where I was told there was a chance he wouldn’t make it because his organs were shutting down. Well the last day I didn’t want to visit him because I didn’t want to watch him die, but I said to myself if he’s not going to make it I want to be there when he goes. So I stop in, he’s lying in a cage where he hadn’t moved in two days with an IV in him, once he saw me right away he gets up walks to the front of the cage and starts meowing. That was the medicine he needed, they let me take him home, of course after I paid the $2400.00 darn vet bill. :rolleyes:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Thanks for telling us that story I didn't know that. I won't be buying any of those. It's nice to see you care about him so much. He's very lucky to have you. Happy Easter in advance. :) Candy

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Candy said:
Thanks for telling us that story I didn't know that. I won't be buying any of those. It's nice to see you care about him so much. He's very lucky to have you. Happy Easter in advance. :) Candy

Thanks Candy! Happy Easter to you as well. :)

I love animals and believe a pet should be a part of your family and if someone can’t afford to take care of them they shouldn’t have one. Some people would put their animal down, I couldn’t do that if there was a chance of saving him.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I know that when our dogs got cancer we spent around 3 to 4 thousand dollars to make them feel better and keep them with us as long as we could without putting them down. At the end of our Chocolate Labradors life the doctor told us he could give us about 3 more weeks with her, but it was time that we thought of her well being and not ours so we said no. It was hard when it came to that point. They are family members the way I look at it too.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am glad your story has a happy ending :), it must have been a very hard time for you. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.