The cat and the tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
My Sulcata isn’t afraid of the cat one bit. My cat Lincoln is 11 years old and never been around any other animals, he doesn’t know what to make of the tortoise, maybe he thinks its just a moving rock.:)

2-12-09-8-1.jpg

2-12-09-10-1.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Becareful though cats can be very dangerous to small tortoises and yours does look kind of small. Cute, but small. I don't think I'd trust the look in your cats eyes to leave them alone together. Just a thought. :( Candy

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Candy said:
Becareful though cats can be very dangerous to small tortoises and yours does look kind of small. Cute, but small. I don't think I'd trust the look in your cats eyes to leave them alone together. Just a thought. :( Candy

Oh believe me Candy, I’m right there when my Henry is walking around. That cat is 18lbs but he’s more afraid of the tort, but I’m always there right next to him.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very beautiful cat! ...and of course the tort. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

richalisoviejo said:
My Sulcata isn’t afraid of the cat one bit. My cat Lincoln is 11 years old and never been around any other animals, he doesn’t know what to make of the tortoise, maybe he thinks its just a moving rock.:)

2-12-09-8-1.jpg

2-12-09-10-1.jpg

I have 2 cats and neither is afraid of the tortoises. Lil Roxie loves to nap under the basking light for my small tortoises. So Roxie pushes the torts away from the light so she can have her nap. But if they get too active she leaves. I have a different habitat for them that they live in, it's their exercise pen that Roxie likes to nap in. Big Bubba has never not ever paid any attention to my tortoises, as long as they stay away from his food dish. I have pictures of Bob eating Bubba's food and Bubba looking absolutely petrified that Bob was going to eat all the food. Obviously that was when Bob was smaller and roamed around the kitchen. He lives outside now. Big Bubba has been on an exercise program and has lost another pound. That brings him down to 21 from 32. I'm thinkin Lincoln needs a weight loss program as well...:p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
What a very cute cat and an adorable and brave tortoise you have :)
Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.