Another gender thread

Tim I

Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont Texas
Hey everyone, long time stalker on the forum and owner of two Sulcatas in south East texas.
Anyways onto the meat and potatoes.

Scooter is a little over two years old and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the gender
CE511D49-0E4F-4E0A-B776-EEC502D0253A.jpegE349FE5D-2E57-4469-8E97-37A64E477541.jpeg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Just a little small to be 100% but really starting to develop female characteristics as opposed to just juvenile. I would give a good 98% chance of female at this point. I've always said by 16" if still looks female it is female! Yours is just about there. ...but also developing some female characteristics.

Gulars look female
Supracaudal looks female
Anals looking female
Tail looking female
Plastron looking female

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I say male. That tail is already too long to be female. Hard to tell from the pics, but looks like some slight plastron concavity is beginning to develop too.

If they aren't separated already, you should separate them ASAP. Sexes don't matter for this. Two males will fight, a male will harass a female to death, and two females probably won't try to kill each other, but its still stressful on them living as a pair. Torts should never be housed in pairs.

Tim I

Beaumont Texas
Thanks for the replies everyone
guess ill have to wait till they get bigger to really tell
@Tom Yes sir, I separated them about a week after I got the second tortoise when I read on here that tortoises don’t in fact need a friend ?
But I like both of them to much to give one away so two enclosures it is

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for the replies everyone
guess ill have to wait till they get bigger to really tell
@Tom Yes sir, I separated them about a week after I got the second tortoise when I read on here that tortoises don’t in fact need a friend ?
But I like both of them to much to give one away so two enclosures it is
As it should be. I love having more than one tortoise!