Another mystery

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Well Maggie.
.You've got cats and you've got holes.
But the holes are higher than either cat can get up there...really.Those boxes were all packed in a big cardboard box on the highest shelf in my closet. Neither cat can jump that high as the lowest shelf is about 2 feet taller than my 5'6. So it is impossible for my 2 cats to get up that high. I had to buy steps for Simon so he can get up on the bed...you guys failed me this time...look at the spacing and drag marks here
Big sisters have no mercy.............but you guys are a hoot!

30LBS? That is one huge kitty!
Simon is Norwegian Forest cat and Main Coon...he is so big there is no way to pick him up comfortable for him. When he "sits" on your lap his front legs are on one side his tummy on your lap and his back legs and butt are on the other side of the couch. He can stand on his back feet with his stealin as* giant paws on the kitchen counter. He seriously thinks he's starving, when I eat he sits beside my chair two long strands of drool falling and stares at me. He literally will eat any thing that is edible...avocado, corn, tortillas....if it's food he'll eat it. I open one can of wet food in the morning, and one at night, he has free feed of dry. Smokey eats what is left.
Look at this 100_1424.JPG
I decided it's not an animal...

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Maggie, I would start by ruling things out. . .My first guess would be a raccoon, BUT you say this is in a bedroom closet. What has access to the closet? Racoon = No, Cat's = yes (although way too large (No I wouldn't say fat, don't wanna hurt their feelings)) Rat's = YES. Any other critter's you've had in your house? . .
And, I know rats can jump 5'. So a High shelf would not be much of a problem, and they are exceptional climbers, as are raccoons, but I'm not so sure of the Claw? marks, or Tooth/teeth? marks. . . So. . . I'm not quite sure what made those marks
Maggie,
Sorry I was not able to come up with an explanation. . .though I thought about it. .

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Those are not rats' teeth. Rats are rodents; they nibble at things with giant, flat incisors.

Those punctures are from long, sharp canines.

Cats.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Those are not rats' teeth. Rats are rodents; they nibble at things with giant, flat incisors.

Those punctures are from long, sharp canines.

Cats.
I just have a problem with the distances of the punctures, rat's maybe not, Cat's I don't know . . .

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
But the holes are higher than either cat can get up there...really.Those boxes were all packed in a big cardboard box on the highest shelf in my closet. Neither cat can jump that high as the lowest shelf is about 2 feet taller than my 5'6. So it is impossible for my 2 cats to get up that high. I had to buy steps for Simon so he can get up on the bed...you guys failed me this time...look at the spacing and drag marks here

Simon is Norwegian Forest cat and Main Coon...he is so big there is no way to pick him up comfortable for him. When he "sits" on your lap his front legs are on one side his tummy on your lap and his back legs and butt are on the other side of the couch. He can stand on his back feet with his stealin as* giant paws on the kitchen counter. He seriously thinks he's starving, when I eat he sits beside my chair two long strands of drool falling and stares at me. He literally will eat any thing that is edible...avocado, corn, tortillas....if it's food he'll eat it. I open one can of wet food in the morning, and one at night, he has free feed of dry. Smokey eats what is left.
Look at this View attachment 338359
I decided it's not an animal...
Where did you get a cat like that? He’s a beauty!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Even the scratch/puncture pattern is weird 2, 4, and 3 scratches and punctures.
Or 3, 4, and 2 looking from the opposite angle

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Could one of the cats have been resting on the box, then launched himself off leaving those marks behind?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Bat claws?