another new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunkray

5 Year Member
Hi everyone!
I am Ray from Utah. I have a Sulcata named Ethyl that I have had for close to 6 years I think. Before her I had Bruce for 7 years. I raised Bruce from a hatchling but he died. Ethyl was owned by a loving family that was moving and couldn't take her with them. After a short time of adjusting her poor diet, she is now very healthy and active.

I have been lurking around finding info on outdoor enclosures. Ethyl has been out a lot but never out alone. I just read about Tom's underground burrow that was very interesting. I'd like to see photo of what others have for outdoor enclosures. I haven't looked at the photo gallery yet.

Just saying Hello.

Ray

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Oh I love the name Ethyl!! :D ... and welcome to you too! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ray:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

If your yard is fenced and the fence and gates are all in good shape, you tortoise can just have the whole yard, no? Of course, then you run the risk of having Ethyl eat all the plants and dig caverns under the rose bush.

After you've become familiarized with our format here, I'd love to see Ethyl's picture.

Tillasaurus

5 Year Member
Welcome. I also joined the forum this month and have a four or five year old sulcata. It takes a great deal of searching to find photos of outdoor sulcata enclosures and I would love to see pictures of more too. I am re-constructing and expanding the enclosure for T and must include high fencing because of my dogs. Last winter, I looked out my window and was horrified to see that my female Doberman had jumped the four foot enclosure fence and was nesting beside Tilly in his (?) hide. No harm was done but I immediately raised the fencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.