another newbie needing veteran help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklees81

5 Year Member
For the last few weeks I've been debating on getting a tort. I didn't rush in I evaluated the decision heavily. I googled read books an asked around which led me to this forum. I really want a life long pet an friend to share with my daughter who's almost two an much two young to be involved but will grow an learn to take care of it as it grows with her. I realize the long commitment an responsibility involved. I live in south east Texas so the climate humidity an foliage are perfect. I decided to get a sulcata. I ordered it from tortoise shack online. I'm unaware of how to post pics or upload to this site I even downloaded the app or I'd show the little fella off. I have him indoors in a thirty gallon aquarium he's got coconut bedding a large hide space a sidemounted under tank heater UV light an all I got him Tues an I've been following the info on here to a t with the humidity an heat levels. Here's the thing since he's been here I can't get him to eat. I've put him outside in the grass I've clipped assortment of dandilions clovers an other grasses. I've bought the spring mixes he wont even eat the sample of food they sent with him that looks a little like dry dog food they said that's what he was started on. I'm unsure what normal activity looks like so I can't say if he's not active enough he moves around if I sit him some where he doesn't like an he does dig a hole every now an again he's been pooping to four times since he's been here. I'm trying to find a vet but I'm not finding any reptile vets anywhere an going to a dog or cat vet seems pointless. Anyway any advice would be appreciated on what to do an how to post pics. My name is Brandon an I'm from baytown Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.