Another Rescued Sulcata

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This big fellow was arrested yesterday by one of my brothers in blue, he was charged with jaywalking and trespassing, lol. This awesome looking sulcata was located walking down a busy highway here in South Florida and rescued by an awesome law enforcement officer for safety of both the motorist and the tortoise.

11210465_918446198230239_5486147101999708195_n 2.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He looks like all the humans on the show COPS that get arrested, not happy at all. I sure hope they read him his rights, boy that could be bad news for the Officer that arrested him LOL
That bottom beak really needs a trim. So glad he was found before a bad accident happened.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
"It wasn't me! I swear!"

Good thing the backs of cop cars are made to be hosed out....I know what happens EVERY time Vern goes on a car ride.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This seems to be a fairly common Sulcata problem. I've taken in 4 so far with that bottom beak like that. I have a pair of horse hoof trimmers, and I just snip that overgrowth off. It grows back, but you can just re-snip.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
~ Why and who decided to move my thread to this section, truly did not intend for this post to be a lost and/or found issue?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess, when you get right down to it, nothing. I'm just in the habit of moving species specific out of the 'general' category. Sorry.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
That tortoise probably has better manners than most of the creatures they get put back there. And will probably make less of a mess