another "which one is right for me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baldwin Co, Alabama
I live in southern AL - mobile (well, other side of the bay in southern Baldwin County).
I want to build an enclosed garden to let it call home. We have dogs and ducks, but it will be a dog and duck free zone - a place where dogs and ducks don't trample everything. I'd like to add a water feature of some sort.
We do drop to below freezing here and there during winter (like tonight) and it is typically dry for our winter and the rainy season starts up again in spring. S/he will be outside year round - hot and humid in the summer and a range during the winter.

DH would like it to be more on the showy side as opposed to a plain jane carapace.

We both like the eastern box turtle and we can have one here, but finding one hasn't been easy yet.

tickle

5 Year Member
Eastern would do great I have a bunch of hatchlings but I don't ship.Arizona tortoise compound has some easterns.they are diggers so you have to set the fencing 3 feet under ground. Some may say that's to deep but they can dig that deep but raccoons can also.wood turtles are great also I don't like the ornate or Mexican I like the northern black wood turtles they are beautifully and so personable. They have the same diet as easterns come from same area also.pluss they love water so you can have the boxies on land and the woods like both water and land.pm me if you need any help finding eather or info on care.I have this pair of eagerness for 29+ years got them at the size of a dime just as they hatched.so colorfull and cool.if kept outside they are very easy to keep just make a small hut they can hide and also hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.