Anxious owner please help

Amel

Location (City and/or State)
England
I have a 4 year old Female Hermanns, according to the vet she’s hybrid but he’s unsure of what! I have a few questions as I’m constantly worrying she’s not ok, if someone could help me I’d really appreciate it!
1) what hybrid is she?!
2) is her shell pyramiding?
3) what are these bubble marks on her shell?

I think I look after her quite well, I change her substrate regularly, she has baths every day and she has a good diet. She had an older sister who died but she was very small and I think it was a defect from birth. Any help welcome! Thanks guys!
P.s pics added of my little Tort IMG_6543.jpgIMG_6544.jpgIMG_6545.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

I'll send a shout-out to @HermanniChris to see if he knows the type of Hermanni you have. It would be a big help if you could post a straight down shot of the tortoise's shell, and then turn it over and take a picture of the bottom shell too.

Those little white squiggly lines are quite common in baby tortoises, and are nothing to worry about.

Amel

England
Hi, and welcome!

I'll send a shout-out to @HermanniChris to see if he knows the type of Hermanni you have.

Those little white squiggly lines are quite common in baby tortoises, and are nothing to worry about.

Oh brilliant thank you so much! That’s one less worry [emoji23] I wish I could read her mind, it would make it so much easier!

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Hi Amel.

Your vet may be wrong. It certainly looks as though you have a Greek tortoise (Testudo graeca ibera) and not a Hermann's or hybrid at all. Please post its bottom and include a shot of the tail, I'll be able to confirm immediately.
The bubbles are growth, totally 100% normal. Good sign.
That is very, very minimal raising of the scutes and plenty of them do this in nature, even more significantly so with proper care there's nothing to worry about.

Amel

England
Hi Amel.

Your vet may be wrong. It certainly looks as though you have a Greek tortoise (Testudo graeca ibera) and not a Hermann's or hybrid at all. Please post its bottom and include a shot of the tail, I'll be able to confirm immediately.
The bubbles are growth, totally 100% normal. Good sign.
That is very, very minimal raising of the scutes and plenty of them do this in nature, even more significantly so with proper care there's nothing to worry about.

Oh wow! You’ve made me rather happy! I was so worried she wasn’t ok and that I wasn’t caring for her properly. We’ve recently moved and I was concerned it had caused an effect on her.

This is little Itzels bum, sorry if you can’t see much, she’s just had a bath and has been running around in the substrate. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it [emoji16]
IMG_6546.jpg

daniellenc

Maryland
I think he meant flip the tortoise on it's back to get a belly shot:)

Amel

England
Thank you so much, it’s nice to have clarification. That way I can know what to look for and how to care for her best. Greatly appreciated [emoji16]

Amel

England
FOLLOW UP QUESTION ABOUT THE ‘BUBBLES’ ON THE SHELL:
There are now these bubbles all over her shell, @HermanniChris has informed me that they are signs of growth and very normal so I thinks it’s fine but they are now all over her shell whereas before they were more around the sides, if anyone can again reassure the anxious owner [emoji30]

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I have a 4 year old Female Hermanns, according to the vet she’s hybrid but he’s unsure of what! I have a few questions as I’m constantly worrying she’s not ok, if someone could help me I’d really appreciate it!
1) what hybrid is she?!
2) is her shell pyramiding?
3) what are these bubble marks on her shell?

I think I look after her quite well, I change her substrate regularly, she has baths every day and she has a good diet. She had an older sister who died but she was very small and I think it was a defect from birth. Any help welcome! Thanks guys!
P.s pics added of my little Tort View attachment 242603View attachment 242604View attachment 242605
He looks good to me, nice looking tort:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's quiteno
FOLLOW UP QUESTION ABOUT THE ‘BUBBLES’ ON THE SHELL:
There are now these bubbles all over her shell, @HermanniChris has informed me that they are signs of growth and very normal so I thinks it’s fine but they are now all over her shell whereas before they were more around the sides, if anyone can again reassure the anxious owner [emoji30][/QUOTE It's quite normal for them to be all over the shell.