Any CB Hingebacks around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelledfriends

10 Year Member!
Hello Everyone,
I have been captivated with hingebacks for a while now. I like the erosas a lot but have not been able to decide between forest hingebacks vs grassland hingebacks. Anyways, it appears that all hingebacks being offered for sale are wild caught animals. Are there any captive bred hatchlings, ever, for sale?

Also, I have seen Kristina's beautiful write up here on the forum about Homes hingebacks. Are there any detailed caresheets for Erosas and Spek's hingebacks?

Thank you.
Michael

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CB bred Hingebacks are still sadly few and far between. The Erosa would have the same basic care as the Homes.

shelledfriends

10 Year Member!
Jacqui said:
CB bred Hingebacks are still sadly few and far between. The Erosa would have the same basic care as the Homes.

Thanks Jacqui. The only reason I might, just might, lean towards Homes right now is because I am seing some young Homes for sale on kingsnake.com. From what I have read, and personally seen in other species, it appears young ones from wild adapt better to captivity than adults.

Michael

shelledfriends

10 Year Member!
Jacqui said:
The ones at Exotic Pets in Vegas?

Hi Jacqui,
Yes, those ones. I have bought some turtles from them before and they represent the animals thruthfully so feel comfortably buying from them. I see that Jay from Turtles and Tortoises has some adult Erosas and it appears from posts here that Terry Kilgore has received good animals from him but I have read mixed reviews about Jay so I am not 100% sure.

Michael

JacksonR

5 Year Member
Turtles and Tortoises has the best, rarest stuff!

I got a sacalia quadriocellata that is doing great. They have had arakan forest turtles and sulawesi forest turtles. Super rare stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.