Any members 65+ willing to talk to me about their lovely pets?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
"boomers trying to use tech"...............geez guys, get a kid involved!

It's okay, I can make fun, I'm not just a critic, I'm also a member...................course not quite as OLD a member as some.......

You are very kind Cathy, and patient.....

To the OP, interestingly, you will likely come to the conclusion after you review your data sets, that pet owners are happier people and pet owners of any age fare better if they lose a spouse, regardless of the type of pet owned. If you go deeper into the weeds, the numbers do some funny things above 66 in relationship to pet owners & spousal loss occurring together. So many folks become despondent and their life force fades quite quickly upon losing their loved one yet those with pets do markedly better, again regardless of the type of pet owned.

Hopefully you will post your actual results....I would be interested in reading them.

Good luck with your study/thesis ....

jeff
My grandson taught me you have to push the enter button to talk on the social media ?

wonkey78

Location (City and/or State)
Oberrieden
Hi everyone,

I'm a Master's student (in my 40s!) doing a study on how non-traditional animals can contribute to well-being and I am looking for people 65+ who own any type of pet other than a dog or a cat. Most research on how pets benefit our lives focus only the two most common pets and I wanted to look at how other creatures can also be great companions. Most research also focuses on people in their 20s and that's why I wanted to speak with older people.

If you, or anyone you know qualifies and would be willing to have a chat with me about your tortoises (about 45 mins online) please send me a message.

Thank you!
Hello everyone, . I just wanted thank everyone here again for the support, especially those who took the time to speak with me. It gave me the push to keep going and I was able to go one find other participants on other forums. I am still looking for 2 more people if anyone is willing to talk via phone or email, please let me know. Otherwise I wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year.