Any thoughts?

Tori67

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
My tort is very hydrated.. he’s been getting cucumber for hydration, and I spray his lettuce every day.

He cannot get soaked due to a recent bladder stone surgery.

He still passes chalky urates and I’m confused because I’ve been doing EVERYTHING to keep him hydrated.

Any idea what’s going on?

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
do you feed him more than lettuce and cucumber? needs a varied diet with more substance

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
A lot more information is needed for anyone here to have any ideas as to how he could be helped. Please post the facts behind this situation, along with pictures if you can, and details of his husbandry.

Tori67

Connecticut
A lot more information is needed for anyone here to have any ideas as to how he could be helped. Please post the facts behind this situation, along with pictures if you can, and details of his husbandry.
So, he eats all sorts of lettuce from the grocery store that are safe (no spinach of course). He gets dandelion, turnip greens, mustard, radicchio, etc. He gets TNT supplement, and I have a bunch of dried weeds from Kapidolo farm that I sprinkle every day for more nutrients

He had a bladder stone surgery about 3 months ago, and he isn’t allowed to be soaked just yet. He is also only been on paper towel because his plastron isn’t fully healed, and the environment needs to be as sterile as possible. I know it’s not ideal, but I’m not going to risk him getting an infection

Tori67

Connecticut
do you feed him more than lettuce and cucumber? needs a varied diet with more substance
He eats all sorts of things!! Varied greens from the store, and weeds during summer because I live in a cold climate. He gets dried weeds from kapidolo farms on top of grocery store greens (plantain, mulberry, cactus, etc)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tort is very hydrated.. he’s been getting cucumber for hydration, and I spray his lettuce every day.

He cannot get soaked due to a recent bladder stone surgery.

He still passes chalky urates and I’m confused because I’ve been doing EVERYTHING to keep him hydrated.

Any idea what’s going on?
What species?
What substrate?
What is the humidity?

Tori67

Connecticut
What species?
What substrate?
What is the humidity?
Greek tortoise
Substrate currently is paper towels because he NEEDS to have a sterile environment (after his bladder stone surgery, he is still healing)
Humidity is always between 40-60%

Tori67

Connecticut
It’s just very frustrating because I’m doing all I can to hydrate him without soaking because I can’t right now, and it isn’t affecting his urates. I’m just confused

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Greek tortoise
Substrate currently is paper towels because he NEEDS to have a sterile environment (after his bladder stone surgery, he is still healing)
Humidity is always between 40-60%
Just curious, but did the vet happen to test for any kidney damage?