Anybody try this? Heated kitty house

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Seems very small. What species pf torts you are thinking of use this house??

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
It looks like it would be hard to keep clean.It looks like the material is made out of some type of fabric. It would be awesome to find something like that designed already to go for tortoises. I am surprised Zoomed , Zilla, etc, has not come up with something.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you look at the house on the maker's website it is only a heated pad that warms it up and I may be mistaken but I think I've read on some threads that they aren't always a good thing for torts. I'm not a very handy person so agree - it would be great to find something ready made for bigger torts, but looks like it's going to have to be custom built!

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Dang! I did some more reading and there are lots of complaints about false advertising as it isn't really made for outdoors as advertised. Product name is outdoor kitty house but there is a warning for it to be used indoor only on the product itself! Also, it's not really waterproof and the heating pad was easy to break or wouldn't really heat up. What a load of crap! Lol

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
It is made of nylon & vinyl. Those materials do not hold up well in areas with lots of sunshine. The heating pad generating temps of 102 may [would] be an issue for some tort species.