Anyone in Tampa, Florida???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
Hi

My hubby will be joining a Carnival Cruise Ship - the Legend, this Sunday and will be docking in Tampa each Sunday for a few weeks.

I need to know what is open on a Sunday in the area - particularly Post Offices, or somewhere he can get a safety deposit box. Western Union Offices, Internet cafes and UPS offices for posting stuff to.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful - also do any of you know how he can get a US pay as you go sim card for his phone? He is a UK citizen so doesnt have a social security number or anything, trying to find the best way of keeping in touch by phone if he cant get to the internet for Skype!!

Thanks in Advance

Helen xxx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, Helen!! How fun!! Is this for his job? What a wonderful job he must have. But I'll bet its hard for you to have him gone so much.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Hi Yvonne,

Yes it's one of the strings to his bow (forgive the musical pun!!) he has finished the soundtrack for the film I mentioned a while ago so that is off for shortlisting for the Australian Film Festival. Whilst he is away he is doing a half hour feature film soundtrack, another short film one and will be doing a minimum of 8 hours a day in the Piano bar on board the Legend. (well I have to keep him busy eh???)

I absolutely hate him being away, the kids arent too keen either but where the money is he has to follow! His ports of call include the Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico so he has promised to bring me back a Sombrero.... Silly but I have always wanted a real Mexican one!!

The reason for the post is so we can fathom out how he will get money home to us, and how we will keep in contact. He's never been to any of these ports before so has no idea what to expect - and with the one safe point - Tampa being Sunday he is worried that everything will be shut!

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
I live about 2 hours south of Tampa, so I'm not terribly familiar with exact locations in Tampa. I would not know where things are in relation to the port, but I can give you some general information.

I'm fairly certain, and as far as I can tell from www.usps.com (post offices website), that all post offices would be closed on Sundays.

Western Union services are often available in major grocery stores, such as Publix. For instance:

http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWE...internationPostalCode=33634&isoCountryCode=US

which is open 8 AM to 10 PM on Sundays.

Libraries generally offer computer and internet access. There's at least one in Tampa with Sunday hours:

http://www.hcplc.org/hcplc/locations/jpl/

You can see other locations from that website to look for one closer to wherever the port is.

Hopefully someone in Tampa will post soon with some more specific ideas, but maybe that will give you a start on ideas.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.