Rescued 2 Sulcatas in Tampa/help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
Laura said:
i told you... You Built it,, so they came!!!! love when that happens!!

LOL, LOL you sure did Laura…..by the way, I love your name, my daughter's name is Laura :)

Reserchbeforecommitment said:
Fantastic news! I am so happy for everyone not least of all the lovely Carl and Carla! I am in south Florida and have just adopted my first Russian. Last night I went to the movies and spent the last half hour wishing it would end so I could go home and see her again! She was sleeping of course! But just watching her is so wonderful, so there I was smelling like a can of bugs spray ( we live in Florida) standing in the dark watching a dark burrow in a dark enclosure, with a huge smile on my face! What's happened to me? What kind of drug is this! Lol

LOL, LOL THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON EARTH YOU CAN WRITE THAT WITHOUT ANYONE THINKING YOU'RE NUTS!!!! LOL, because we all so get that feeling!!!! :)

bigt0706

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dover, fl 33527
IloveMyBengalCat said:
This is my first post and I just joined the group today! My husband found a 10 lb sulcata about 2 years ago. We posted signs and ads and no one claimed him so we have been taking care of him since then. About a year ago, my daughter saw a woman trying to put a sulcata in a lake and rescued it since the lady obviously didn't know how to care for it. This one was only about 7 lbs and the shell was cut and in bad shape. Since then, I have taken care of these two and housed them outside in an area that is a dog run. They are super sweet and I pet them, bathe them and even our dog and cat play with them. They are incredibly social and love other animals and children. Problem is, I just don't want them, we are only keeping them because they needed a home. Does anyone know anyone in the Tampa area who might enjoy these two? We do think one is a male, Carl, and the newest one is a female, Carla. I a guessing they are 3-4 years old but I have no clue. They are getting hard to pick up, so I think they weigh around 20-23 pounds. I will attach some pics of them if I can figure out how to attach.I took them out of their pen to have a watermelon treat on the pool deck and to play with the dog and cat. I don't want them to go to just anyone unless they know how to care for them and they will be happy and have lots of room. I am running out of room for them. Thanks :tort:

sent pm would love to help and im rite down the road from u

Status
Not open for further replies.