Rescued 2 Sulcatas in Tampa/help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveMyBengalCat

5 Year Member
IMG_1010.JPGThis is my first post and I just joined the group today! My husband found a 10 lb sulcata about 2 years ago. We posted signs and ads and no one claimed him so we have been taking care of him since then. About a year ago, my daughter saw a woman trying to put a sulcata in a lake and rescued it since the lady obviously didn't know how to care for it. This one was only about 7 lbs and the shell was cut and in bad shape. Since then, I have taken care of these two and housed them outside in an area that is a dog run. They are super sweet and I pet them, bathe them and even our dog and cat play with them. They are incredibly social and love other animals and children. Problem is, I just don't want them, we are only keeping them because they needed a home. Does anyone know anyone in the Tampa area who might enjoy these two? We do think one is a male, Carl, and the newest one is a female, Carla. I a guessing they are 3-4 years old but I have no clue. They are getting hard to pick up, so I think they weigh around 20-23 pounds. I will attach some pics of them if I can figure out how to attach.I took them out of their pen to have a watermelon treat on the pool deck and to play with the dog and cat. I don't want them to go to just anyone unless they know how to care for them and they will be happy and have lots of room. I am running out of room for them. Thanks :tort:

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I am going to move this over to the adoption section. They are really nice looking animals... and so is your dog!

We just had a new member yesterday asking about tortoises for adoption in Florida, hope they see this.

IloveMyBengalCat

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
I am going to move this over to the adoption section. They are really nice looking animals... and so is your dog!

We just had a new member yesterday asking about tortoises for adoption in Florida, hope they see this.

Aww thanks! I love them so much and they both are so sweet, I hope someone who really wants them will see this too. Mr. Big is the dog's name and he loves hanging out with them.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Wow thats crazy...lols sullies are definately not red ear sliders, i'm glad you saved them. Also nice english bull terrier is it a male?

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
IloveMyBengalCat said:
This is my first post and I just joined the group today! My husband found a 10 lb sulcata about 2 years ago. We posted signs and ads and no one claimed him so we have been taking care of him since then. About a year ago, my daughter saw a woman trying to put a sulcata in a lake and rescued it since the lady obviously didn't know how to care for it. This one was only about 7 lbs and the shell was cut and in bad shape. Since then, I have taken care of these two and housed them outside in an area that is a dog run. They are super sweet and I pet them, bathe them and even our dog and cat play with them. They are incredibly social and love other animals and children. Problem is, I just don't want them, we are only keeping them because they needed a home. Does anyone know anyone in the Tampa area who might enjoy these two? We do think one is a male, Carl, and the newest one is a female, Carla. I a guessing they are 3-4 years old but I have no clue. They are getting hard to pick up, so I think they weigh around 20-23 pounds. I will attach some pics of them if I can figure out how to attach.I took them out of their pen to have a watermelon treat on the pool deck and to play with the dog and cat. I don't want them to go to just anyone unless they know how to care for them and they will be happy and have lots of room. I am running out of room for them. Thanks :tort:

ARE YOU FAR FROM LAKELAND?????? I would really loveeeeeee to have your sulcata's, I just built a brand new Habitat and awesome enclosure and the ones I thought I was doing all this for may not be able to be mine, but a very nice lady who knows our situation offered to pick up any sulcata that was in her area for me…..PLEASEEEE IM me your number so I can call you!!!!!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
TheTortoiseWhisperer said:
ARE YOU FAR FROM LAKELAND?????? I would really loveeeeeee to have your sulcata's, I just built a brand new Habitat and awesome enclosure and the ones I thought I was doing all this for may not be able to be mine, but a very nice lady who knows our situation offered to pick up any sulcata that was in her area for me…..PLEASEEEE IM me your number so I can call you!!!!!

I'm just holding my applause until you get some tortoises, Whisperer.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
Edna said:

THANK YOU EDNAAAA!!!!!
I actually spoke to her earlier and I also spoke to Mary who said she was still willing to pick them up for me and send them my way. They're so beautiful I would drive the 12 hours to pick them up. lol, lol….I'll keep you posted.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Fingers crossed. Good luck they are nice looking torts. I love the Bully, mine is an all white one. Keep us updated.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I actually spoke to her earlier and I also spoke to Mary who said she was still willing to pick them up for me and send them my way. They're so beautiful I would drive the 12 hours to pick them up. lol, lol….I'll keep you posted.

Yay! I'll be thinking good thoughts and patiently waiting for the good news!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is fantastic! Great news! Keep us all posted please.

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Missouri
Any way you would consider shipping to Missouri? I of course would pay the shipping. Let me know! THanks!

IloveMyBengalCat

5 Year Member
THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my post about the 2 torts we resuced in Tampa. TheTortoiseWhisperer was the first to contact me and has first dibs and looks like she will be a new tort mom very soon. She is such a wonderful lady and I know Carl and Carla will be very happy with her and her family. If anyone has any tips on shipping overnight, we would welcome your thoughts.

IloveMyBengalCat

5 Year Member
AustinASU said:
Wow thats crazy...lols sullies are definately not red ear sliders, i'm glad you saved them. Also nice english bull terrier is it a male?

Yes, The Bull Terrier is a male named Mr. Big. He is sure going to miss his tortoise buddies!

IloveMyBengalCat

5 Year Member
Edna said:

Edna, We are working n shipping them, so you may be able to clap soon. My husband is from Colstrip Montana and we are actually going to Lovell Wyoming next Wednesday for a family reunion, are you familiar with that area? I have never been to WY, so it should be an adventure!

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
Edna said:

EDNAAAAAAAAA,

YOU CAN CLAPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! If all goes as planned, I should have them here by this weekend!!!!! I AM FEELING SOOOOOOO BLESSED, HAPPYYYYY, EXCITEDDDDDD AND EVERYTHING A MOM CAN FEEL WHEN SHE ADOPTS A NEW MEMBER TO HER FAMILY!!!!!! I can not wait!!!! My eyes keep watering up every time I think about it!!!

wellington said:
Fingers crossed. Good luck they are nice looking torts. I love the Bully, mine is an all white one. Keep us updated.

WELLINGTON,

It's officialllllllll THEY"RE MINEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight!!!! LOL

Tom said:
This is fantastic! Great news! Keep us all posted please.

I'm SOOOOO HAPPY TOM!!!! Guess why?? Lol….YEAP!! THEY'RE MINE!!!! :)

IloveMyBengalCat said:
THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my post about the 2 torts we resuced in Tampa. TheTortoiseWhisperer was the first to contact me and has first dibs and looks like she will be a new tort mom very soon. She is such a wonderful lady and I know Carl and Carla will be very happy with her and her family. If anyone has any tips on shipping overnight, we would welcome your thoughts.

AWEEEEE, thank you IloveMyBengalCat for that nice post!!! and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you & your family for choosing us to be Carl & Carla's family!!! I promise we already treasure the blessing…..I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO GET HERE!!!! :)

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Hurray!!!! So much win!! Win all the way around!

IloveMyBengalCat said:
Edna, We are working n shipping them, so you may be able to clap soon. My husband is from Colstrip Montana and we are actually going to Lovell Wyoming next Wednesday for a family reunion, are you familiar with that area? I have never been to WY, so it should be an adventure!

I lived for years in Poplar, MT, have only been through Colstrip a few times. Lovell is WAY north of me. I'm kind of south-central, on I-80.

Reserchbeforecommitment

10 Year Member!
Fantastic news! I am so happy for everyone not least of all the lovely Carl and Carla! I am in south Florida and have just adopted my first Russian. Last night I went to the movies and spent the last half hour wishing it would end so I could go home and see her again! She was sleeping of course! But just watching her is so wonderful, so there I was smelling like a can of bugs spray ( we live in Florida) standing in the dark watching a dark burrow in a dark enclosure, with a huge smile on my face! What's happened to me? What kind of drug is this! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.