Appropriate Room Temperature-Please Help.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi all. Winter is very close here, and maximum temperature has dropped from 32 deg C to 26 only without prior notice. My question is: what is the appropriate room temperature in Celcius, for my beloved Greek tort? Am I to use the light for :<3: OLI? Room temperature at the moment is 27 deg C which is nice and warm when considering it's 10.20am only. But, is it warm enough for my tort? I have a feeling he's feeling cold for some reason or other.

I'd very much appreciate your advice, suggestion and tips, as soon as possible.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
From what I understand, they can't digest food unless kept at near 80 degrees. I'm sure that temps down to 50-55 degrees f wouldn't harm him, but I wouldn't expect him to like it or to thrive at low temps.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
From what I understand, they can't digest food unless kept at near 80 degrees. I'm sure that temps down to 50-55 degrees f wouldn't harm him, but I wouldn't expect him to like it or to thrive at low temps.
Thanks very much your help Ed.

Am I to understand from your post that 27 degrees C is not warm enough for OLI? (Sorry, don't know what that is is Fahrenheit).

Appreciate an answer, and again thanks a lot in advance you help. Appreciate it.:)