Appropriate weight gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseRose

5 Year Member
How much should my leopard hatchling be gaining? She was 54 grams the day after I brought her home, and just now (one week later) I weighed her and she's 62 grams. (!) Is she gaining too fast? Am I feeding her too much?

She has a nice poop in her bath most mornings. And she eats almost everything I give her; I've actually been worried that I wasn't feeding her enough because she seems to always be hungry.

~Rose

M

Maggie Cummings

I feed my hatchlings twice a day as they are growing babies. I would say that her growth sounds normal, and good. I don't keep Leopards tho. I really don't think there is an answer for how much weight should they gain. Some grow fast and some grow slow. I believe in whatever is normal for the baby itself and if it's healthy, it's gonna grow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It varies a lot. Yours sounds pretty good actually. As long as conditions are right, I let them eat what they want. Most of mine are just put in pens outside all day and they just eat whatever weeds, grass and leafy greens I've got growing in there. I see them munching all day long. In fact, that's what they are doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.