Ares the desert tort dies yesterday

NancKj

Location (City and/or State)
San Fernando Valley, CA
Hi all,
After a long battle, my impacted tortoise died in his house suddenly yesterday eve. He went in at 4pm, when I checked him at 7pm, he was non-responsive. Brought him inside, rigir mortis had set in by early this am. He will be cremated and very sorely missed. He had the best of vet care by Dr Molnar in Calabasas, had passed most of the impaction and had a stomach tube implanted last week. He seemed on the road to recovery. It was not to be.
Now, I have another healthy DT, and 2 enclosures. I really want to give a home to another DT and will reach out to CTTC.
Does anyone think that this is a good idea, so close to brumation? My tort Joxer usually goes down for the winter right around Halloween, and I will stop feeding him within the week to prepare.
Thanks for all your help, we really tried to pull Ares thru, and your advice helped a great deal

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss. I personally would wait until later. New tortoises take awhile to acclimate to a new environment. This way you can make sure your new one would be healthy. My opinion I am not an expert.

Sagewomyn

Sanger
Hi all,
After a long battle, my impacted tortoise died in his house suddenly yesterday eve. He went in at 4pm, when I checked him at 7pm, he was non-responsive. Brought him inside, rigir mortis had set in by early this am. He will be cremated and very sorely missed. He had the best of vet care by Dr Molnar in Calabasas, had passed most of the impaction and had a stomach tube implanted last week. He seemed on the road to recovery. It was not to be.
Now, I have another healthy DT, and 2 enclosures. I really want to give a home to another DT and will reach out to CTTC.
Does anyone think that this is a good idea, so close to brumation? My tort Joxer usually goes down for the winter right around Halloween, and I will stop feeding him within the week to prepare.
Thanks for all your help, we really tried to pull Ares thru, and your advice helped a great deal
Sincere apologies for your loss