Arthropods - way too many

Lysander781

Location (City and/or State)
Harrisburg
I have, what I would consider, way too many arthropods. Quite literally, thousands upon thousands. What should I do about them? Should I just do a cage cleaning and toss them with the substrate? How many is too many?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have, what I would consider, way too many arthropods. Quite literally, thousands upon thousands. What should I do about them? Should I just do a cage cleaning and toss them with the substrate? How many is too many?
Arthropods is a pretty general term. Its an entire phylum of animals. Do you mean Isopods? The clean up crew?

What type do you have? What size enclosure?

Box them up and sell them. Those things sell like hot cakes now. Contact places like Josh's Frogs that sell them and see if they want to buy them wholes in bulk.

Lysander781

Harrisburg
Arthropods is a pretty general term. Its an entire phylum of animals. Do you mean Isopods? The clean up crew?

What type do you have? What size enclosure?

Box them up and sell them. Those things sell like hot cakes now. Contact places like Josh's Frogs that sell them and see if they want to buy them wholes in bulk.
Yes. They're isopods. Kind of a pale orange pill bug. The tank size I have is a 40 gal breeder tank. I'll check out selling them. There are way more than need to be there for clean up. However, they do an amazing job of clean up. I can see my tortoise poop and by the next day it's gone.