Soaking tortoise

Greg Earnest

I've read soaking your tortoise is good for it, it hydrates them and what not. How many times a week should you do this?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
For a baby more often.
for my adults, they bathe once a week for about 30 minutes.
I think some bathe every day or two. Nice warm water not over the top of the shell (and not too hot)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
For very young animals and those that are sick or refusing to eat, I would recommend doing it daily. Mature animals need it less frequently.

I see Joe drinking more than once a day at this time of year, so I am not soaking him at all. I soak him twice daily when he first comes out of hibernation.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Little babies are soaked daily, I believe, older torts a couple of times a week.
My Tidgy is about five years old and gets two a week, which she really enjoys, she also sits and soaks in her water dish sometimes.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've read soaking your tortoise is good for it, it hydrates them and what not. How many times a week should you do this?

This depends on many factors. Species, age, size, climate, current weather, diet, etc...

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
I soak my adult russian (she is between 10-20 years I think, really don't know) once to twice a week. She does not enjoy it at all but its good for her skin. We get crazy humidity here in the summer though (we had above 80% yesterday). Somewhere drier you might want to do it more often