Ashley Camci Breeder Experience...

PinkiePie19

Hello everyone,

This is a review of the tortoise breeder Ashley Camci located in Morrisburg/Cornwall, Ontario, Canada.

I had purchased a 400$ 3.5 month old sulcata tortoise from this lady and it was in perfect health for 2 weeks before it died suddenly in my hands. I contacted the breeder right away to inform her of the death and find out if any of her other babies had any health problems. I tried contacting her for 2 weeks as i had seen hse as active on social media everyday and she continued to disregard my emails/massages/calls. I did not harrass her I was very polite and professional. She had told me when I got the tortoise that she had sold to someone else in the city where I am located which brings me to this...

I went searching for the other buyers of a baby tortoise and I found them. The gentleman had purchased a baby sulcata from the same lady (we confirmed with emails, pictures etc) about 2 weeks prior to myself purchasing one and his tortoise died within 3 days. Not only this his son was sent to the hospital for a month and had contracted a severe case of salmonella as well a severe respiratory infection from the tortoise. They had it sent away for testing to see if the son had caught something from the tortoise.

They contacted the lady right away letting her what had happened and she had not responded to them at all though when i was in the process of purchasing a baby from her she was actively responding to me all day long for about 3 days. I have email proof. This shows me that she knew about what had happened with the other peoples tortoise and sold me a tortoise anyway who could have had the same problems. I was told all her tortoise were healthy. In my opinion I believe that she was selling babies even though she knew they were sick and I don't think the other people messed up that bad that they could have gotten it that sick in 3 days. It was showing signs of sickness right from when they received it.

I would never purchase from this breeder again. This is the honest truth from myself and the other people who purchased a tortoise. I'm not telling anyone how to feel, make your own decision and have your own opinion.

Hope this can be helpful to anyone looking to purchase a tortoise.

PinkiePie19

I forgot to mention that the test results that came back from the tortoise showed that it had a respiratory infection and a salmonella infection that was passed onto the son. I understand the importance of hand washing and I believe this tortoise was so sick that it was probably too late and it was going to pass away sometime anyway. I never got mine tested but I believe it was already sick and this breeder was/is selling sick babies knowingly. I don't think that is fair. To me breeding is about helping to create beautiful, healthy animals so they go on to live a happy, healthy life. I don't know how her other babies did with other buyers but I feel they were sold sick babies as well. I understand that once an animal is sold by a breeder it is property of the buyer and they take full responsibility but if the breeder is making money off of animals they know are sick then that's very wrong in my opinion and money should be refunded or something should be done.

SweetBubbles

I too had a similar experience with Ashley Camci. I do not recommend purchasing any of her tortoises. I recently lost a baby leopard tortoise that I received from her. She is great at responding to a potential sale, but beyond that...Good luck.

heike ziegler

5 Year Member
Hi everybody
I bought a breeding group of Hingeback tortoises from Ashley Camci in spring 2016.
Two of them died within the first month. Tests showed they had cryptospirodium and all of the rest needed to be euthanized, because it's not treatable. Ashley had her tortoises tested and confirmed that part of her tortoises are positive too, but that she can not reimburse me. I lost thousands of Dollars. She stopped communicating with me. Never buy from this breeder.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's in the Vendor review section. The breeder's list is only for our members.

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
Wow...just realised that’s the breeder I bought sully from. I guess i’ve been lucky mine lived