Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Doesn't matter where they come from, how big or small they are...they all assume the same position when "taking the sun":

02-07-12-5.jpg

This little hatchling is only a couple days old and already he knows how to bask!!

Let's all join in...take pictures of your tortoise in this position and put them up on this thread. I tried to get an Aldabran, but the sun's not out today. But I'll keep trying.

Mickykayla

5 Year Member
Caught him stretching his leg out while basking :D

Attachments

• IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54

hoodiemonk

5 Year Member
RE: "Assume the position"

Kinako sometimes basks in "the position"

image-1737859259.png

But usually like this

image-3454633012.png

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
mine does the same thing, but every not and again he will stretch both of his back legs our as far as he can, its the cutest thing ever, but i havent been able to get a picture of him doing it, he always tucks his back legs in when the camera comes out lol

hoodiemonk

5 Year Member

Fido doing his thing

image-1275948488.png

Tortoise enthusiasts in Japan often call this the "manji" position. Manji 卍 is a left facing swastika used in Asia to represent the Buddha. It is used to mark the location of Buddhist temples on maps. If you only know this symbol from its unfortunate association with the nazi party you can learn more on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Hope you don't mind my sharing of tort culture in Japan.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL

hoodiemonk said:
Fido doing his thing

View attachment 16527

Tortoise enthusiasts in Japan often call this the "manji" position. Manji 卍 is a left facing swastika used in Asia to represent the Buddha. It is used to mark the location of Buddhist temples on maps. If you only know this symbol from its unfortunate association with the nazi party you can learn more on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Hope you don't mind my sharing of tort culture in Japan.

COOL ! i never knew that.. very cute picture. The turtle looks like hes gonna say :hiiii yaaa" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.