atortoise4you

Status
Not open for further replies.

nell

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello,

I just wanted to post a warning for anyone considering buying a tortoise from the following website: http://atortoise4you.com/. I ordered a horsfield tortoise six weeks ago, and have still not received it. Appartently the local council have siezed all of the seller's tortoises, and claim they are evidence in an ongoing criminal investigation. The man who runs the store, who seems perfectly nice and genuinely distressed, claims he's currently unable to give refunds because they've siezed his paperwork. However, the website is still taking orders, which is very concerning, as he can't fill any current orders. The same person also trades under http://www.reptilestore.eu/.

hope this helps someone avoid my situation. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can purchase an adult horsfield tortoise?

Cheers!
Nell

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
thanks for info! hope everyone in England is aware of this!! how far away does he live from you? can you go there or contact the authorities?

This address is posted on his site.
36 Commercial Street, Maesteg, Mid Glamorgan, CF34 9DH
We are open Mon-Sat - 10.15am-5.00pm - Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays
Tel: 01656 733255

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thats a bummer, that is why I am very skeptical on purchasing animals online. I would look for a private breeder.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have you maybe contacted the local council to see what is going on and if they even have a rough time line of how long it will take to clear things up?

nell

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello - I've now received a refund after some strongly worded communications. I think the seller was probably just at the end of his tether and having trouble dealing with the situation...

thanks for all the support!
Nell

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Nell, glad to hear you reieved your refund. Now I would look for a good breeder. You don't say were you are located if you post that info perhaps we could help you locate a good breeder in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.