Avoiding Plants in Enclosure?

Happytort27

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hello again! I am not sure where to put this thread, once again, but hopefully a moderator will help me out. :) Anyways, my tortoise goes out of his way to avoid any types of plants in his indoor enclosure. I’ve tried plastic and real live plants, but he never seems to have any interest in them. He won’t go underneath them or even sniff it, he’ll just walk around the enclosure ignoring it. I don’t know if I’m being over cautious, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thank you!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I have pothos in with my leopard. I have to rehab them as he eats a crap of the leaves no matter what I feed him. You are lucky spider plants also do well too! What kind of tortoise?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello again! I am not sure where to put this thread, once again, but hopefully a moderator will help me out. :) Anyways, my tortoise goes out of his way to avoid any types of plants in his indoor enclosure. I’ve tried plastic and real live plants, but he never seems to have any interest in them. He won’t go underneath them or even sniff it, he’ll just walk around the enclosure ignoring it. I don’t know if I’m being over cautious, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thank you!
I'm failing to see the problem. If he walks around ignoring the plants and not trying to hide all day, that is a good sign that he's comfortable in there.