Babies doing better [emoji16]

Gracieheart

Location (City and/or State)
essex
Since I last posted on here I've changed a few things and I think my little fellas are happier for it.

I now bath them every night for 20 mins. They all poop in there and drink a lot too. (Almost looks like they will drown where they put their face under for a while).
I've put them in a warmer room and got them a warmer heat bulb.
I now feed them more weeds and less lettuce and cuttle bone too. Just waiting for the new substrate to arrive.
I also feed the one who was losing weight alone as it seems the other 2 are a bit greedy.

All their pools are very different though. What's a good poop supposed to look like please?

Thanks for the help and advice guys.
Here's a photo. [emoji217][emoji217][emoji217]20171102_205806.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know you said you made changes. Did those changes get your temps upto 80 all over day and night? A basking spot of 95-100 and a humidity of 80%?
If they are of the same age and you got them
at the same time, then I would watch very closely for the two larger ones bullying the littler one. They may be doing more bullying then just hogging the food which will keep the little one under stress and s/he will continue to decline. Also, how big of an enclosure do you have them in? It needs to be pretty large for the size of them and having three. A 4x8. One hatchling needs around a 2x4 and that's alone and good for a year maybe two depending on the growth rate. The smaller the enclosure the higher the stress level.

Gracieheart

essex
I know you said you made changes. Did those changes get your temps upto 80 all over day and night? A basking spot of 95-100 and a humidity of 80%?
If they are of the same age and you got them
at the same time, then I would watch very closely for the two larger ones bullying the littler one. They may be doing more bullying then just hogging the food which will keep the little one under stress and s/he will continue to decline. Also, how big of an enclosure do you have them in? It needs to be pretty large for the size of them and having three. A 4x8. One hatchling needs around a 2x4 and that's alone and good for a year maybe two depending on the growth rate. The smaller the enclosure the higher the stress level.
Hi thanks for the response.

It's actually the larger in size tort that was looking poorly. But he's now gained 4g in a week. So on the up I hope.

Their new enclosure is much larger than the old. I've added a photo.
During the day the lamp is about 95 and 86 ish over night with the heat mats.

The enclose looks empty at the mo as I've not kitted it out..... What do you suggest I put in there?

Nickie 20171104_201906.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think I read you have new substrate coming right? The white wood chips need to go. You also need to cover the enclosure so you can get 80% humidity. Not possible with an open top enclosure. The humidity will help stop the pyramiding your tortoises have.
You could add a couple plants and rocks, but not too much as the need the walking room.