Baby Eastern Box

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
yes, but there a bit of pain to deal with. If you have your temps right and a heat rock you shouldn't need one

Agree! I don' see any reason for it. It doesn't simulate anything natural in the wild. I've never used one or a heat rock with any of my hatchlings. I have a light for daytime heat and a Che that keeps it just over 80 at night.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
So far this is the tank for the little boxie. What do you guys think? Please critique.

Well done Josh and welcome to the forum. The enclosure looks great, very natural. My only suggestion is to figure a way to close the top whether using aluminum foil or re constructing the lighting so you can partially close. If not you'll be misting constantly to keep the humidity up. High color and pattern to this little guy, glad you saved him, looks to be in good hands! Good luck!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Help!!!!!!

Hes stopped eating. Completely!
All he does is bury himself.

Not uncommon for box turtles to go days even weeks not eating , especially this time of year. Remember mother natures internal clock is ticking away right now, so don't panic. I would recommend daily warm soaks and look for any physical signs of illness. What are your temps in your enclosure?

josh keffer

Not uncommon for box turtles to go days even weeks not eating , especially this time of year. Remember mother natures internal clock is ticking away right now, so don't panic. I would recommend daily warm soaks and look for any physical signs of illness. What are your temps in your enclosure?

During the day slightly above 90 and at night slightly above 80

josh keffer

Well done Josh and welcome to the forum. The enclosure looks great, very natural. My only suggestion is to figure a way to close the top whether using aluminum foil or re constructing the lighting so you can partially close. If not you'll be misting constantly to keep the humidity up. High color and pattern to this little guy, glad you saved him, looks to be in good hands! Good luck!

Thanks for the idea using the aluminum foil for now till i can figure out how to construct a top for it