Baby Redfoot interested in small stones

daduc

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
Hello all,
I've had Dozer for a little over a week now and today I let him walk around the outdoor patio supervised for some sun light (nice humid day today in florida) I gave him some Hibiscus leaves to chomp on and after he finished it, I saw him go after some small stones in between my pavers. I was able to pick him up before he was able to eat it but it freaked me out. Is this normal?
I have searched the forums and read that it could be from a mineral deficiency from grocery store greens, or give him more fruits with seeds and possibly add the miner all supplement?
Since he's been with me, his main leafy green staple are collard greens and dandelion greens from the store as well as escarole. He also gets veggies and fruits twice a week. He also has a cuttle bone in his enclosure. I have the broadleaf testudo seeds currently growing for him as well when ready. Not sure if I should add the miner all supplement to his diet as well. Is there anything you guys think I should change?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Funnily enough it can potentially be down to either too much supplementation or not enough🥲it could also just be genuine curiosity, either way try and make sure he doesn’t have access to small stones/gravel.
Are you giving any supplements currently? If not then yes I’d go ahead and start adding a pinch on 2-3 feeds a week🙂 are you also feeding some protein?

I think you’ll hopefully find this thread helpful to look at, you can read through to make sure all your levels and equipment are correct(it’s so easy to be sold the wrong stuff) then there’s a diet list at the bottom with lots of great suggestions to try them with! The more variety you can offer, the better🥰

This one can be useful to go over too🙂

Hope this helps!😊

daduc

Tampa, Florida
Funnily enough it can potentially be down to either too much supplementation or not enough🥲it could also just be genuine curiosity, either way try and make sure he doesn’t have access to small stones/gravel.
Are you giving any supplements currently? If not then yes I’d go ahead and start adding a pinch on 2-3 feeds a week🙂 are you also feeding some protein?

I think you’ll hopefully find this thread helpful to look at, you can read through to make sure all your levels and equipment are correct(it’s so easy to be sold the wrong stuff) then there’s a diet list at the bottom with lots of great suggestions to try them with! The more variety you can offer, the better🥰

This one can be useful to go over too🙂

Hope this helps!😊
Thanks for the help! I have given him some dust of calcium twice so far and I have not given him protein yet but I'll give him some boiled eggs with some shells tomorrow.