Baby spur thighed tortoise

BoardDylan

Location (City and/or State)
Tayport
Hi, I am getting a baby spur thighed tort at the end of next week, I've been doing my research but seem to be hearing completely different ways on what's best.

I have a tortoise table as I read that it is better but I've read a few comments on this forum saying otherwise, my house isn't the best for keeping the heat in, even when the heating is on, so I was wondering if maybe it would be better for me to get an enclosure with a closed top? Any help would be great, also any other information on stuff you think i should know or need for next week would be appreciated, thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome!

It's fairly easy to build some sort of framework to fit over your tort table, then just drape plastic sheeting or foil over the framework. You can fit PVC pipe together without gluing them and just screw it onto the table.

Or you can buy a cheap little greenhouse like this to cover the table:
1584119355083.png

Or from Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VANWAE/?tag=

BoardDylan

Tayport

BoardDylan

Tayport
Thank you, appreciated for the photos that has really helped, I will do something similar and seems more practical and muxh easier to keep the right temp for the little tort when it arrives, really appreciated for that!