Baby sulcata tortoise lighting/heating

Brittanyp1113

Location (City and/or State)
Midlothian Texas
Do I plug all the lights into it including the heat emitting light? I want the heat emitting light to be set at 80 degrees? What about the other lights how long should I set timer for those? If the heat emitting light is set to 80 does that mean it won't go below 89 degrees or what? Sorry for all the questions

Vancouver bc
Do I plug all the lights into it including the heat emitting light? I want the heat emitting light to be set at 80 degrees? What about the other lights how long should I set timer for those? If the heat emitting light is set to 80 does that mean it won't go below 89 degrees or what? Sorry for all the questions
@Tom since you got the one he recommended. I’m curious too

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
1. No, you plug only ceramic heat emitter in the thermostat. And set it to 80F. This is the lowest temperature you need in the enclosure and the thermostat will turn on and off ceramic heat emitter to maintain it.
2. You use timers for your basking and UVB lamps. 12 hours timer for the basking lamp (e.g. from 8AM to 8PM) and 4 hours for UVB light (e.g. from 10AM to 2PM). Do not connect lights to the thermostat. And don't put the the thermostat on timer.
3. When you set 80F on the thermostat, it will turn *on* the heater when temperature dips below this setting - e.g. at 79F and turn *off* the heater when temperature is above the set value (e.g. 81F).

Don't worry about asking questions - topic is often confusing and we are setting "life-support system" here, it's better to make things crystal clear and set it up properly.