Baby Sulcatas Kame and Hame

Madkathq

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Elsinore
Hello! I have two baby sulcatas that led me to this forum. My boyfriend came home from work one day and told me he wanted some tortoises. In less than an hour he had found a man online who was moving and was selling these two little ones. He brought them home, and began caring for them the way that the man told him to. I was bored one night, and wanted to look into sulcatas more. Of course, the man had NO IDEA what he was talking about. All my boyfriend had was an open tank, a flat rock, romaine lettuce, a heat emitter, and sand. He had them like this about two weeks. After my incessant nagging about their care, he handed them over to me! Now I'm the proud, anxious owner of two lovely babies. I must've had them for about three weeks now (time flies!), and I have been slowly but surely improving their conditions with the help of the people on this forum. I stumbled upon this site, with absolutely no idea about the introductions page, or how much of a community it is. I look forward to raising Kame and Hame with you all!Snapchat-560354021.jpgSnapchat-1844767532.jpg
Kame then Hame ❤️ Before we noticed their subtle differences, we told them apart by the spots on their shells. Kame has two spots, while Hame has a shellful! Hame is also a bit bigger, with a smaller head.

Attachments

• Snapchat-2098285475.jpg
    Snapchat-2098285475.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 5

Madkathq

Lake Elsinore
Hello! I have two baby sulcatas that led me to this forum. My boyfriend came home from work one day and told me he wanted some tortoises. In less than an hour he had found a man online who was moving and was selling these two little ones. He brought them home, and began caring for them the way that the man told him to. I was bored one night, and wanted to look into sulcatas more. Of course, the man had NO IDEA what he was talking about. All my boyfriend had was an open tank, a flat rock, romaine lettuce, a heat emitter, and sand. He had them like this about two weeks. After my incessant nagging about their care, he handed them over to me! Now I'm the proud, anxious owner of two lovely babies. I must've had them for about three weeks now (time flies!), and I have been slowly but surely improving their conditions with the help of the people on this forum. I stumbled upon this site, with absolutely no idea about the introductions page, or how much of a community it is. I look forward to raising Kame and Hame with you all!View attachment 290105View attachment 290107
Kame then Hame ❤ Before we noticed their subtle differences, we told them apart by the spots on their shells. Kame has two spots, while Hame has a shellful! Hame is also a bit bigger, with a smaller head.

By the way, their enclosure no longer had a makeshift cardboard hide. That was very temporary until I could purchase one, because somehow we didn't have a Tupperware container anywhere that was the right size ??‍♀️

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They're very cute, and good on you for trying to do the right thing by them. Have you found the threads that we have pinned at the top of the Sulcata section? Good information for you to read there.

Madkathq

Lake Elsinore
They're very cute, and good on you for trying to do the right thing by them. Have you found the threads that we have pinned at the top of the Sulcata section? Good information for you to read there.
I have, thank you! Slowly but surely ive been getting them the right setup.

Madkathq

Lake Elsinore
I have been reading those, and they have helped a ton. Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have, thank you! Slowly but surely ive been getting them the right setup.
Here are the main threads all in one place for you: