10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
No! The cool people are also in Texas!

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Born and bread in Minnesota aka: South Canada.

Y'all can suck it! :p

My ex from Las Vegas was trying to puff out his chest and claim I wouldn't be able to take the heat or drive after a rain (because the roads get oily slick).

He was sad that a 113º day in Vegas I was enjoying being out in the heat (and yes you wusses, it IS a dry heat … Church it up any which way you want, you would never survive a summer in MN when the heat index is 123º --Which is incidentally why it's perfect for Scooter, when you have to use a butter knife to cut through the air just to walk to your car), and making him drive in snow made him look like he just got his permit to drive.

Yeah, I think I can hack it in Vegas :p

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
Born and bread in Minnesota aka: South Canada.

Y'all can suck it! :p

My ex from Las Vegas was trying to puff out his chest and claim I wouldn't be able to take the heat or drive after a rain (because the roads get oily slick).

He was sad that a 113º day in Vegas I was enjoying being out in the heat (and yes you wusses, it IS a dry heat … Church it up any which way you want, you would never survive a summer in MN when the heat index is 123º --Which is incidentally why it's perfect for Scooter, when you have to use a butter knife to cut through the air just to walk to your car), and making him drive in snow made him look like he just got his permit to drive.

Yeah, I think I can hack it in Vegas :p
Lol why would you be proud of extreme weather that you can't even enjoy? I'm from Miami, Florida. It's so nice that it feels like its summer all year long, and you can wear shorts and sandals year round and it never ever snows.

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Lol why would you be proud of extreme weather that you can't even enjoy? I'm from Miami, Florida. It's so nice that it feels like its summer all year long, and you can wear shorts and sandals year round and it never ever snows.

What is this you speak of "Extreme weather you can't enjoy?"

If you come from hardy stock, you can enjoy every kind of weather! 10º? That's t-shirt weather where I'm from. :p

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
What is this you speak of "Extreme weather you can't enjoy?"

If you come from hardy stock, you can enjoy every kind of weather! 10º? That's t-shirt weather where I'm from. :p
No... You can survive any kind of weather which is different than enjoying it. But I've never heard anybody saving money to retire in Minnesota lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wondered, you said you were in the military. But your profile says John Washington. tacoma is a nice area much wetter on that side of the state

His profile says "Joint Base Lewis McCord"

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
No... You can survive any kind of weather which is different than enjoying it. But I've never heard anybody saving money to retire in Minnesota lol

Never been to the North Shore, I take it … ;)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
His profile says "Joint Base Lewis McCord"
Oh, sorry, when I click on his avatar on my phone app it leads me to information that says John Washington. I don't know what it says on the computer, I usually don't access TFO on the computer.

Marci_redfoot

Kansas City
Don't give up on sparky! I'm sure the stress of re-homing wouldn't do the poor thing any favors right now. Keeping her warm and safe, with familiar surroundings, is probably best. I love box turtles. I hope she gets better soon. :)

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
Well we went in for another follow up visit about her shell. Vet is pleased with the new growth and areas that were spongy have hardened up!! Still have issues with the scute in front of the orginial burn but seems on the mend!! Can stop the silverdine but continue cleaning daily.
It's nice to hear this cause when you see it daily sometimes you don't see the improvement.