Backgrounds and mesmerised tortoises eg Alan, Tyrone and Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
diaboliqueturtle said:
That's so amazing! Princesse hates being misted. Big dramatic hisses and eye rubbing...

Don't I know that one! My house has really creaky floors so whenever I try to sneak closer, she looks up and the "perfect shot" is gone. I'm thinking of putting together a sting, with hidden cams, so I can catch it all on film ;-D

He used to hate it ... Now I never know what he is going to do!

I am thinking the samething, a hidden camera!!!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
He used to hate it ... Now I never know what he is going to do!

I am thinking the samething, a hidden camera!!!

Waiting in anticipation.. ;)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
diaboliqueturtle said:
Now I won't stop thinking about it! I gotta catch Princesse's booty-shaking, it's the funniest thing...

Well no wonder Alan and Tyrone are out all night with Princess shaking her booty! LAUGHING OUT LOUD FOR REAL!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
I bet it's like that Old Renalt Megane advert [not sure if you had it in the USA] "I see you baby, shaking that arss!" Alan's singing to Princess while she's booty shaking. ;)
[song by group armada?]

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Alan RF said:
I bet it's like that Old Renalt Megane advert [not sure if you had it in the USA] "I see you baby, shaking that arss!" Alan's singing to Princess while she's booty shaking. ;)
[song by group armada?]

Yes! I know that one! Hahaha we get a lot of UK commercials here, I'm in Canada :) She's been doing that dance for over a year, I can't believe I haven't caught it on film yet.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
diaboliqueturtle said:
Yes! I know that one! Hahaha we get a lot of UK commercials here, I'm in Canada :) She's been doing that dance for over a year, I can't believe I haven't caught it on film yet.

I can't believe you haven't! That's your mission and tyrones is the misting! Hmm not sure what I could get Alan doing! Hang on he was doing this today! It was one of there's where's wally moments!?

image-1812266732.png

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Alan RF said:
I can't believe you haven't! That's your mission and tyrones is the misting! Hmm not sure what I could get Alan doing! Hang on he was doing this today! It was one of there's where's wally moments!?

LOL that is a cute picture! I have yet to manage the video and misting all at the same time, I am going to have to get some help.

Today all he did was sleep! He is still hanging at the cool end of his tank, I have lowered his temp and he still is just chilling on the chilly side. He seems ok otherwise... I wonder if he is in a Mazuri pout.. I try to hold out and only feed him that twice a week, he just has me wrapped around his little ....paw!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
LOL that is a cute picture! I have yet to manage the video and misting all at the same time, I am going to have to get some help.

Today all he did was sleep! He is still hanging at the cool end of his tank, I have lowered his temp and he still is just chilling on the chilly side. He seems ok otherwise... I wonder if he is in a Mazuri pout.. I try to hold out and only feed him that twice a week, he just has me wrapped around his little ....paw!

Awww it sounds like it! Alan's the same, not coming to see me at 6am since I last told you he hasn't :( do they slow down at this time of year? I know they don't hibernate but wondered if they get lethargic in sympathy to all the torts that do!? We are off to buy Alan another plant after that happening today in that picture! I think he did it as a hint! Crafty thing!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Alan RF said:
Awww it sounds like it! Alan's the same, not coming to see me at 6am since I last told you he hasn't :( do they slow down at this time of year? I know they don't hibernate but wondered if they get lethargic in sympathy to all the torts that do!? We are off to buy Alan another plant after that happening today in that picture! I think he did it as a hint! Crafty thing!

I am beginning to wonder if they don't get lazy is time of year ... Or depressed because they have not been outside ? I have to get Tyrone some plants .. What kind do you have? And do you change the potting soil it is in? I am so worried about pesticide and fertilizer.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
I am beginning to wonder if they don't get lazy is time of year ... Or depressed because they have not been outside ? I have to get Tyrone some plants .. What kind do you have? And do you change the potting soil it is in? I am so worried about pesticide and fertilizer.

I know what you mean. It's a worry hence I bought him a plastic one but then you worry about the heat and the chemicals off that! I'd like to get him some fresh plants but I'm unsure what to buy him and how long to leave it when there are no fertiliser or pesticides on it? :)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Well it seems Tyrone is partying half the night! I fell asleep on the couch last night and I kept hearing this clinking noise, I got up to investigate and it was Tyrone digging under his water dish! He was trying to tunnel under it and had spilled most of it, I grabbed it off his back and picked his little muddy butt up and asked him what did he think he was doing? I swear he grinned at me! Then I thought how stupid! I should have taken a picture!
So here is one after I cleaned his water bowl and him up!

image-2167815800.png

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Well it seems Tyrone is partying half the night! I fell asleep on the couch last night and I kept hearing this clinking noise, I got up to investigate and it was Tyrone digging under his water dish! He was trying to tunnel under it and had spilled most of it, I grabbed it off his back and picked his little muddy butt up and asked him what did he think he was doing? I swear he grinned at me! Then I thought how stupid! I should have taken a picture!
So here is one after I cleaned his water bowl and him up!

Gah! He does look like he's grinning! He's gorgeous :)

Alan RF said:
I know what you mean. It's a worry hence I bought him a plastic one but then you worry about the heat and the chemicals off that! I'd like to get him some fresh plants but I'm unsure what to buy him and how long to leave it when there are no fertiliser or pesticides on it? :)

Princesse isn't her usual super active self either, nothing's wrong, just...not as active as when it's nice out. I'm sure it's just a winter thing. Or it could be those yummy edible plants I put in there, she sits next to them and guards them :-D
Here she is, sitting ON her lettuce head.

I'd say its an improvement from the Cabbage Patch Kids ;-)

Attachments

• image-4118194261.png
    image-4118194261.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
diaboliqueturtle said:
Gah! He does look like he's grinning! He's gorgeous :)

Princesse isn't her usual super active self either, nothing's wrong, just...not as active as when it's nice out. I'm sure it's just a winter thing. Or it could be those yummy edible plants I put in there, she sits next to them and guards them :-D
Here she is, sitting ON her lettuce head.

I'd say its an improvement from the Cabbage Patch Kids ;-)

Ha ha ha awww she is a Princesse on her lettuce throne! What a cutie pie! I love it!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Ha ha ha awww she is a Princesse on her lettuce throne! What a cutie pie! I love it!

Awww they are both great pictures! Tyrone not impressed with his clean up and princesses lettuce throne! Both gorgeous! Still waiting for the mist one of Tyrone and princess shaking her booty on cam lol x

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Ok so here is something .... Tyrone has been staying down at the cooler end of his tank, so I thought I would switch it up and make the cool end the warm end and I put his MVB down at that end .. He stayed at that end and dug all the way to the bottom of his tank ... A good 6 inches and buried himself! I am beginning to think the bulb is hurting his eyes! I switched it back at the other end and unburied him he seems to be fine and is walking around the cool end .... So now I am wondering if MVB is bad or something ... Or is it just a coincidence? What should I do? Turn off the MVB and see how he behaves?

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Tommy doesn't have a background, just a black opaque tub but I think he thinks that he is in his own little world:)

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Ok so here is something .... Tyrone has been staying down at the cooler end of his tank, so I thought I would switch it up and make the cool end the warm end and I put his MVB down at that end .. He stayed at that end and dug all the way to the bottom of his tank ... A good 6 inches and buried himself! I am beginning to think the bulb is hurting his eyes! I switched it back at the other end and unburied him he seems to be fine and is walking around the cool end .... So now I am wondering if MVB is bad or something ... Or is it just a coincidence? What should I do? Turn off the MVB and see how he behaves?

I also use an MVB, Solar Glo 125w. I remember reading instructions about not touching the bulb with bare hands, since the "finger oil" can create bald hot spots in the protective coating. Now I put socks on my hands to install it ;-)
I just looked at my bulb's booklet and I don't see that warning, maybe it's for a different brand? I don't know. That warning kinda makes sense, though.
Princesse has been spending more time than usual in the cooler part of the warm end too, normally she's the sunbathing queen, so not sure if your bulb is the issue...

mattgrizzlybear said:
Tommy doesn't have a background, just a black opaque tub but I think he thinks that he is in his own little world:)

Master of his kingdom :-D

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
mattgrizzlybear said:

I bet he thinks he's in outer space! What a place to be! People would pay a fortune lol! Hee hee ;)

diaboliqueturtle said:
I also use an MVB, Solar Glo 125w. I remember reading instructions about not touching the bulb with bare hands, since the "finger oil" can create bald hot spots in the protective coating. Now I put socks on my hands to install it ;-)
I just looked at my bulb's booklet and I don't see that warning, maybe it's for a different brand? I don't know. That warning kinda makes sense, though.
Princesse has been spending more time than usual in the cooler part of the warm end too, normally she's the sunbathing queen, so not sure if your bulb is the issue...

Master of his kingdom :-D

Yep Alan is at the cooler end the majority of the time now :( but he must be happy?! I'd check the bulb though! Just in case! I need to buy a new UVB as they only last 6 months so time to buy! I bought a 12% UVB strip light because its 2ft above him! Would you say buy another 12% or go lower? I know it recommends 5% for RF but wondering what you think? ;)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Well Tyrone of course made me look like a liar... After gorging himself on twice the normal amount of Mazuri I usually feed him, he stomped and romped all over the place and parked his happy butt right under the MVB!

So maybe the little stinker has me twisted around his paw, because I couldn't help but feed him extra Mazuri! Let's see what he does today ..no Mazuri!

Status
Not open for further replies.