Bathing

LittleLove

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
The 3rd : I had forgotten : I soak my fred everyday, but every time I go to put water on him, he absolutely hates it. And then to boot he seems like he is mad at me??? 🤔

LittleLove

Arizona
Sound like you have to keep an constant eye on him. If he always lays down in the bath maybe you should lower the water level.
Yeah I usually stay in there with him, and I don't put as much water. I get his food ready while he's soaking so sometimes I'm not in there with him.
Thank You

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
The 3rd : I had forgotten : I soak my fred everyday, but every time I go to put water on him, he absolutely hates it. And then to boot he seems like he is mad at me??? 🤔
Ignore that...no, he doesn't have the capacity to be mad at you...you are soaking him for his own good...that's how he drinks...so he doesn't have a choice...go off and leave him alone...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yeah I usually stay in there with him, and I don't put as much water. I get his food ready while he's soaking so sometimes I'm not in there with him.
Thank You
If you are there staying with him and looking down at him...he thinks you are a predator...leave him alone to poop and drink..privately...

LittleLove

Arizona
If you are there staying with him and looking down at him...he thinks you are a predator...leave him alone to poop and drink..privately...
I usually do, but sometimes he has a piece of a strand from the coconut coir so I help him. Should I not do that. I don't want to hurt him or anything. Also I usually sit on the toilet cover of the toilet. To where he can't see me. Thank you.
Maggie3fan

LittleLove

Arizona
Is the water temperature kept consistently warm?
Yes I make sure of that. I keep changing it out, but I read it from one of Tom's post, to put a heat lamp or basking light so it stays at the same temperature. I think it was Tom's post

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I usually do, but sometimes he has a piece of a strand from the coconut coir so I help him. Should I not do that. I don't want to hurt him or anything. Also I usually sit on the toilet cover of the toilet. To where he can't see me. Thank you.
Maggie3fan
Just in case, any kind of strands, hair and such should not be pulled out. Just cut it with scissors at safe length (safe - means you don't risk to poke tortoise with scissors).