Bearded Dragon Face Rubbing

lindseyjordan10

5 Year Member
I've been having some problems with my bearded dragon. She has been rubbing her face on her log under her heat lamp like crazy and i'm not sure why. At first I noticed her nose looked liked it was scabbed so i started putting some antibacterial cream on it but it also seems like shes rubbing the underside of her chin. She already went through a really bad shed about a few weeks to a month ago and she has been doing this rubbing for a while so i dont think she is going into a shed. The front part of her mouth looks pretty scabbed. She is about 10-11 inches long. This is her enclosure. I have a powersun 125 wattImageUploadedByTortForum1382374669.118532.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1382375024.919912.jpg this is a picture of her mouth

Last edited by a moderator:

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
I would take her to the vet. She might have a small surface parasite or make sure she doesn't have mouth rot. Im not a hundred percent sure bearded dragons can get mouth rot

lindseyjordan10

5 Year Member
Someone else told me it might be mouth rot, but i also read there is something called nose rub and that seems to be what she is doing accept she isn't rubbing her nose on glass. When do you think i need to upgrade her cage to a larger one?

Also i read people say if it is mouth rot, then they stop eating and with her that isn't the case. She still eats her collard greens and a couple large meal worms a day

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
I'm not really up to date with bearded dragons however if it was a tortoise I would say the cage is fine for now but it looks like it does me more humidity and I would get a UVB tube light and I would use a small ceramic heater for a basking spot

I do know that a lot of bearded dragons get a small parasite called a spider mite I believe. It would be too small to notice with the bear eye