Beautiful Russian tortoise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Wow! You had a good one to start with, but you're doing an excellent job keeping her that way!

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
She IS a looker! I love the pattern of all the perfect scales on her face.

KSeaman

Washington
So healthy looking, she is delightful! Thanks for sharing. I get my first Russian this week from the local humane society, looking forward to it.

Is she naturally THAT shiny?

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
So healthy looking, she is delightful! Thanks for sharing. I get my first Russian this week from the local humane society, looking forward to it.

Is she naturally THAT shiny?
That is her coloring and what she looks like. She is very sweet.

Russiantortylady

Vermont
OK , so I am wondering how I can get in touch with Carol S? I am new to this whole system and can someone point me in the right direction on how to send a message. possibly? Thank you.............

Russiantortylady

Vermont
I got her from Carol S, who is on this forum. Carol S has beautiful little healthy babies. She was so helpful, as this is my first tortoise.
My husband bought me one from a pet store and he is really doing well, now I am hooked on them , I sent Carol a message to see if she has any available. Thank you!

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
My husband bought me one from a pet store and he is really doing well, now I am hooked on them , I sent Carol a message to see if she has any available. Thank you!
They are great tortoises. Just be aware that Russians in particular are very territorial, so you'll want to keep them in separate enclosures to prevent bullying/fighting. They aren't a social species and prefer having their own space.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Yes I realize this I have read this before and I will prepare accordingly. How old is your baby?
Are you asking me? If so, I have 10 Russians. 3 males and 5 females are adults and my breeders, and I have 2 babies that were incubated for female gender.

My adults are all kept separated except for breeding, when I will put 3-4 females in with one male.

The two babies are from the same clutch, hatched the same day, and I've kept them in separate enclosures since they were 2 months old because they were already bullying each other.

Viola B

5 Year Member
Idaho Falls, Idaho
What exactly do you feed her? She looks perfect.
Merlina eats radiccho, endive, kale, mustard greens, collard greens, spring greens and her favorite cactus. When she was smaller she wanted romaine all the time. I just kept adding the other greens and soon she was eating them. Romaine is just once in awhile. She well be 9 Mos old this Sat. She is a sweetheart.