1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Beginner Mistakes - commentary

Discussion in 'General Tortoise Discussion' started by GBtortoises, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Southern California
    The guilt I feel over my past mistakes of ignorance are what drive me to make threads like this one. I want to help other people avoid making the same mistakes that I have made.

Sounds like you understand completely.
    Pearly and K8E K like this.
  2. Momagn36

Momagn36 Member

Christiansburg VA Blue Ridge Mountians
    I'm highly interested in the post about turning a kiddie pool into an outdoor place but the links in the beginners mistakes post are not working. Anyone have a new link?
  3. The Carter's

The Carter's New Member

Baton Rouge
    Great post... wish I had come across this years ago... could have saved a lot of time and prevented a few mistakes..
    If only this info could go with every one sold found given or however new owners become new owners...
  4. Meag

Meag New Member

Los Angeles, California, USA
    I just joined this forum and decided to start investigating some of the threads. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this first! I currently don't have a water dish in my baby Hermann's enclosure because I thought that soaking it once or twice a day would be enough, and I was worried about leaving it unattended. I will definitely be adding a water dish to ensure my tortoise is adequately hydrated.

Thanks!
    Cowboy_Ken likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member

Southern California
    Hello and welcome.

I use terra cotta plant saucers sunk into the substrate for water and for food too. I use various sizes for the tortoises as they grow.