Bert - my favorite lizard

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
He's leopard gecko, right? He's so pretty! I've never seen one that light! (...:p )
I heard leopard gecko's are a little shy?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He's leopard gecko, right? He's so pretty! I've never seen one that light! (...:p )
I heard leopard gecko's are a little shy?
Like any other animal, each is different. I have two leopard geckos. This one is bold and outgoing. The other is more timid and shy. This one is very, very large for a leo so maybe that's why. The other one is only about 3/4 this size. This one is light because he is an albino.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Oh okay, I see, he has much darker spots! :D They're both so pretty! Leopards geckos are so neat :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Not to sure how to enjoy this "thing"? Not my cup of tea.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Not me. My wife and I both not like snake of any kind. Snake is a total NO NO for us.

Sorry!!!!
I have no snakes right now. Years ago I had a couple. Chelonians are my favorite, and next would be lizards. But I have nothing against snakes either.

Bert and Ernie are not snakes though!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Oh okay, I see, he has much darker spots! :D They're both so pretty! Leopards geckos are so neat :)
They are. I know they are thought of as beginner lizards. But after 20 years of reptile keeping I still need to have one or two. They are one of my favorites, uromastyx and blue tongued skinks, and leopard geckos.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes! Not snakes. But the long tail, that is what we can not enjoy. We will stick with the slao moving tortoise.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yes! Not snakes. But the long tail, that is what we can not enjoy. We will stick with the slao moving tortoise.
OH! Now I understand why you weren't into blue tongue skinks :p
Most lizards are gentle, and most of larger lizards and monitors are definitely not in any hurry...
But that's okay, all reptiles are unique, and every body has their 'own' :D
The thing I like to look for is the diet. I am NOT a fan of feeding and storing (UGH.) live bugs, like roaches and crickets, so being herbivorous (or pretty freaking close) does it in for me.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
They are. I know they are thought of as beginner lizards. But after 20 years of reptile keeping I still need to have one or two. They are one of my favorites, uromastyx and blue tongued skinks, and leopard geckos.
I have heard that! Although, I most of my pets are considered 'beginner' and I can guarantee they surpassed that... (in enjoyment and 'difficulty':p ) I thought Uromastyx were flighty little lizards? They are pretty, though, so colorful!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Leopard geckos really are beginner lizards. as are blue tongued skinks, at least in difficult. The price keeps them from being typical beginner lizards. Uro's might be flighty as babies, but most adults I've met are calm and sedate. Im sure there are exceptions though.