Best friend

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Isn’t it strange how a little baby sulcata tortoise can become so close to you after a couple of years and be like your best friend I love him to bits

Attachments

• 20CAD115-9CDA-4D43-A729-F85DBBDA920A.jpeg
    20CAD115-9CDA-4D43-A729-F85DBBDA920A.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 6AE443DF-A9B2-4EEC-AF1C-35F1B0263AF3.jpeg
    6AE443DF-A9B2-4EEC-AF1C-35F1B0263AF3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Isn’t it strange how a little baby sulcata tortoise can become so close to you after a couple of years and be like your best friend I love him to bits
Yes,and it doesn't have to be a sulcata, either -it is just the same with a hermanns tortoise too, I assure you. Tortoises are very special creatures !!
Angie

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Yes,and it doesn't have to be a sulcata, either -it is just the same with a hermanns tortoise too, I assure you. Tortoises are very special creatures !!
Angie
Yes so true but he is my first tortoise I have ever had

Reactions: Ink

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Yes so true but he is my first tortoise I have ever had
What is his name? As you can guess, ours is called Zola, and he is now 20 - he was just a tiny pathetic baby when we first had him, and I think all the care and love we gave him helped him to bond with us - us being my husband and me. I think I love him more every day, and he truly behaves as though he loves us back. He is my first tortoise too, and I am hoping he will be with me for the rest of my life . We didn't know much about tortoise keeping when we got him 20 years ago - there was very little information around - you are very lucky to have this forum to give you help and encouragement. They will not think you silly, whatever you ask. I live in the UK too - Devon, by the way.
I am so glad you got him,and clearly you want to give him the best environment you can - we met an elderly lady who had her tortoise for her 7th birthday - and she is in her 80s - she still loves and treasures him , and it must be wonderful to have a friend always there for her whole life.
I hope all will go well for you both.
Angie

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
What is his name? As you can guess, ours is called Zola, and he is now 20 - he was just a tiny pathetic baby when we first had him, and I think all the care and love we gave him helped him to bond with us - us being my husband and me. I think I love him more every day, and he truly behaves as though he loves us back. He is my first tortoise too, and I am hoping he will be with me for the rest of my life . We didn't know much about tortoise keeping when we got him 20 years ago - there was very little information around - you are very lucky to have this forum to give you help and encouragement. They will not think you silly, whatever you ask. I live in the UK too - Devon, by the way.
I am so glad you got him,and clearly you want to give him the best environment you can - we met an elderly lady who had her tortoise for her 7th birthday - and she is in her 80s - she still loves and treasures him , and it must be wonderful to have a friend always there for her whole life.
Angie
Thank you so much that is so lovely ☺️ xx

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Angie
Hi he’s name is Big gav x