Best protein sources for baby Redfoot

Rakaraven

Hey everybody, I'm a new Redfoot owner who's new to the forum. Just looking for the best suggestions for protein in my torts diet. Tomorrow is the first time I will be offering protein with her greens and want one that will be nutritious and enjoyable. I was thinking butter worms or a bit of boiled chicken. Also, what is the general opinion on offering some whitefish(Pike) on protein day? And if so, would I steam it? Thanks!

newCH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So.FL
Sheldon enjoys a bit of canned tuna for his protein.
I buy the tuna packed in water. He likes tuna better than
chicken, probably has a better smell to him.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hey everybody, I'm a new Redfoot owner who's new to the forum. Just looking for the best suggestions for protein in my torts diet. Tomorrow is the first time I will be offering protein with her greens and want one that will be nutritious and enjoyable. I was thinking butter worms or a bit of boiled chicken. Also, what is the general opinion on offering some whitefish(Pike) on protein day? And if so, would I steam it? Thanks!

I would suggest if feeding chicken or tuna that you offer organic...it is truly horrific the amount of chemicals introduced into the animal/fish....you can also offer nightcrawlers...freeze dries shrimp and crickets sprinkled on the greens pile...

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I've tried chicken and hard boiled eggs and got no response got organic tuna and bam it was a hit