'Better-Gro' Orchid Bark anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
This is the Sun Bulb Company out of Arcadia Florida..
As some of you know I live on the tiny island of Antigua, I have been using Sphagnum moss for Jaba's night time bedding, but she always ends up on the plastic bottom of her night time habitat (Rubbermaid type).
I saw a bag of this Better-Gro Orchid Bark today it is a very fancy bag but the ingredients only say Fir, however because the bag looks so fancy I am worried there might be ferts in it.. I have a post out to them on Facebook but was wondering if anyone is familiar with this product and can either recommend it or not..
I would love to give it a try and see how Jaba likes it...
Please don't tell me to go to Home-Depot or Walmart.. lol ..and get a big bag of it for $XX like I said I live on an Island the size of a pea and we only have certain brands coming onto the island and everyone stocks the same no matter where you go..

Thanks for you time folks.. :)

Oh I have a phone number for them if anyone lives near and can get a free call or something...
863-494-4022 :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Orchid bark of any brand would be fine to use. Orchids are very temperamental, so their growing medium has to be pretty pure. Its a great substrate for tortoises.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Thanks Yvonne, I will buy a bag and see what it looks like at least....they havn't got back to me yet on FB probably worried about a tortoise law suit... lol! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.