Big Bubba

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring pace

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
topanga, california
kitty kisses, sorry darlin, i have dozer, short haired black cat thats 20 years old and as much as hes eating, hes losing the weight too, used to be a 20 pounder, no more. hearing about bubba makes me so very sad. keep truckin redneck kitty for your momma. spring

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Maggie,
The way you talk about him and seeing the way you care about him, I am sure that Big Bubba is a very good cat. I know it is very hard for you, we are with you and Big Bubba! I pray for both of you and you are in my thoughts.
I hope your hands feel better!
Please, keep us updated.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I am so sorry to hear about Big Bubba. I hope you are both fighting through this. It is so ard to watch a member of the family that you love so much be ill and not be able to make it all better yourself. Our thoughts are with you and remember to keep up your health too.
-Bon

M

Maggie Cummings

He's somewhat better. The Vet called yesterday to tell me that the kidney enzymes are down by half and that's a really good thing. I have cut back on the fluids to twice a day. His weight is holding at 19 pounds. He ate on his own yesterday but not today...Thanks for asking about him, this whole thing is just really hard to go thru.
I forgot to say he pooped! Yea, and that's a good thing too!!!:D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
maggie3fan said:
He's somewhat better. The Vet called yesterday to tell me that the kidney enzymes are down by half and that's a really good thing. I have cut back on the fluids to twice a day. His weight is holding at 19 pounds. He ate on his own yesterday but not today...Thanks for asking about him, this whole thing is just really hard to go thru.
I forgot to say he pooped! Yea, and that's a good thing too!!!:D

I am glad Big Bubba is better and I am glad he pooped :D. Thanks for the update and thanks for the wonderful news :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Maggie, you and Big Bubber are in my thoughts and prayers. We know you are taking good care of him, but take care of yourself too. Hugs.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yea for poop Maggie and for low enzymes. I know it will be ups and downs But I know you are counting your blessings for every up that comes. Big Hugs to Big Bubba and YOU!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi Maggie, Keep your spirits up, they certainly feel when you are down and that's not what they need. These wonderful creatures live for today and don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. You stay positive. My old Butchie cat was 17 and we did get him through the initial kidney failure. We did the fluiids at home, although it was twice weekly, not daily and we had a wonderful blow up bag that helped push the fluids faster. Seemed like distraction rather that restraint worked better too.. I would have my husband rub his ears and that was all my boy needed to keep still.
I will think Happy thoughts for your Bubba. It's so hard,, we know.
Na

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks again for all the positive reinforcement...It's nice to hear about older cats...gives me hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.