Bigred Laying

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here is a pic of Bigred laying, funny thing about this lay is she waited for me to turn the dirt for my tomatoes then came to lay. She did the same thing last year, last year she came over while I was turning the dirt and laid right in the middle of me digging

Attachments

• 3302014 011.JPG
    3302014 011.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 79

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
So how many eggs that you collected this time??
[/align]

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
bouaboua said:
[/align]

She liad 5 eggs this time, between my 2 females Ive got 40 to 45 eggs in the incubator. Incubator # 3 is coming in the mail nextweek. 4 hatchlings as well

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Bigred has trained YOU to do the hard work for her ;)

40ish eggs cookin' huh? You have quite the redfoot factory going on over there!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
That's hilarious! While it's not quite as funny as your story, I dug a big area for my adult female cherryhead late last year so that she'd have an easy time nesting. I spent probably 3 hours of seriously hard labor on it. So about 10 days ago she decided to lay where she did last time completely shunning the area that I dug for her!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
bigred said:
bouaboua said:
[/align]

She liad 5 eggs this time, between my 2 females Ive got 40 to 45 eggs in the incubator. Incubator # 3 is coming in the mail nextweek. 4 hatchlings as well

That is when I say: HOLY TORTS! ! ! ! !

Actually I shall say: Congratulations. :):):)

Bryan

10 Year Member!
bigred said:
bouaboua said:
[/align]

How old are the oldest eggs that you have in the incubator?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Team Gomberg said:

Yes I do

Bryan said:
That's hilarious! While it's not quite as funny as your story, I dug a big area for my adult female cherryhead late last year so that she'd have an easy time nesting. I spent probably 3 hours of seriously hard labor on it. So about 10 days ago she decided to lay where she did last time completely shunning the area that I dug for her!

She probably watched you the whole time and laid in the other area on purpose:D

Bryan said:
bigred said:
bouaboua said:
[/align]

I have 2 clutches from last November, I think the oldest is the 15th of November

Bryan

10 Year Member!
bigred said:
Team Gomberg said:

Yes I do

Bryan said:

Bryan said:
bigred said:
bouaboua said:
[/align]

I have 2 clutches from last November, I think the oldest is the 15th of November

Oh she sure did! She kept coming around to see what I was doing! She was far more curious than the 2 males that I keep her with!

I remember asking you before but what is their normal laying season for you? Mine last laid at the start of August and then she just laid again about 10 days ago. Albeit she is fairly new to egg laying so I would think that over the next year or two a more distinct laying pattern would emerge.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Bryan said:
bigred said:
Team Gomberg said:

Yes I do

Bryan said:

Bryan said:
bigred said:
bouaboua said:
[/align]

Oh she sure did! She kept coming around to see what I was doing! She was far more curious than the 2 males that I keep her with!

I remember asking you before but what is their normal laying season for you? Mine last laid at the start of August and then she just laid again about 10 days ago. Albeit she is fairly new to egg laying so I would think that over the next year or two a more distinct laying pattern would emerge.

The egg laying season seems to keep extending, I think I got a clutch last September but I got a clutch in October for sure. I think they are laying 6 to 8 clutches a year each. it keeps evolving, what state are you located in

Bryan

10 Year Member!
bigred said:
Bryan said:
bigred said:
Team Gomberg said:

Yes I do

Bryan said:

Bryan said:
bigred said:

The egg laying season seems to keep extending, I think I got a clutch last September but I got a clutch in October for sure. I think they are laying 6 to 8 clutches a year each. it keeps evolving, what state are you located in

That is just amazing! I'm in Hawaii.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Oh yea buddy ..........tis the season !
Bet ya can't wait till one of your RAD....rad's is in the picture!:D