bit of a silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charleey's Mummy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mancester, England
I know it might sound silly, but ive only actually seen my tortoise have a poo one since i got her 3 weeks ago. I know she might bury it in her enclosure so i might not be seeing it, but how often do tortoises poo? is it every day or less often??

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
How often they poo can vary, and is determined mainly by what they are eating. They will usually defecate when they are in water, as it loosens their bowels, so if you haven't seen her poop you could try soaking her for 20 minutes or so daily, or every other day.

Charleey's Mummy

5 Year Member
Mancester, England
I soak her every other day for around 20mins and have never seen her poop in the water. When i first got her the previous owner was feedin her carrot and her poop was bright orange, i have weaned her off carrot onto weeds so im wondering if im just not noticing it now its not bright orange.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum how old is she ? if she is still small she could be eating it yea gross but normal. is she eating good ?

Charleey's Mummy

5 Year Member
Mancester, England
Ive been told shes 2 years old, shes about 4 inches, she doesnt eat alot really but not sure how much is normal. When previous owner gave her carrot she would rush over and eat it as quick as she could, but since ive weaned her off it she eats more slowly, some days just little amount, other days she eats a few flowers and weeds.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Charley's Mummy:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.