Bleach question

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
During this pandemic, one of the hard to find items is bleach.
But is all bleach, bleach?
I found two gallons of Home Depot OUTDOOR bleach in my garage from a sidewalk cleaning project I didn't do.
But I also have a small bottle of Clorox bleach for clothes, etc. And I'm aware that there is anti bacterial bleach out there as well.
They all seem to have similar ingredients. The Clorox and the anti bacterial have different dilution ratios and the OUTDOOR formula has anti oxidizing agents.
My question is:
Is a bleach solution good at killing viruses and germs no matter the type?
Specifically the OUTDOORS bleach.
I want to use the outdoors bleach for cleaning INDOORS. But cut with water.
Is the anti bacterial bleach just anti bacterial because it has less water content?
I'm hoping that someone else has used this stuff before and has some insight.

jeneliza

burton michigan
If you're out of bleach, there are a few really good cleaning agent's that I am sure you have in your house, first for door handles, and faucets, a spray bottle of alcohol , spray and leave to air dry, this will kill grems, but does cut dirt, next vinger, and a few drops of dish soap, spray and wipe with a wet cloth, and rinse, kills germs, and virus, and cuts dirt and grease, tolet bowl cleaner, baking soda, and vinegar, pour both in the bowl vinger first and add baking soda, let it fiz and clean as normal, plain vinger for Windows, use like glass cleaner, floor cleaner, hot water in a bucket with dish soap, and baking soda, and alcohol, or vinger let it mix the water and mop the floor, carpet cleaning shake baking soda on carpet, let sit for a few minutes, and vacuum up, wet carpet cleaner, a little landray soap, and vinegar, spray on carpet and rub stain out, if you're looking for scent, add a little vanilla, or oils, but just a little, or it could stain, better to add lemon juice or vanilla to a pan will a little water and summer for a few,

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Vinegar I can find.
Bleach is difficult to find.
Alcohol is impossible to find.
I need to know how to cut the outdoor bleach with water. Or if it just cant be used indoors even at, say. 10%

jeneliza

burton michigan
Vinegar I can find.
I need to know how to cut the outdoor bleach with water. Or if it just cant be used indoors even at, say. 10%
It's probably not , I would try it outside first, and see what it does, then see if it's to strong, and what it actually does, then try it inside, that low of a percentage is probably pretty safe, but I am not sure it would really do much , maybe try 20per, and see , but I would use it outside and test it out at at least 50, and go from there

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's probably not , I would try it outside first, and see what it does, then see if it's to strong, and what it actually does, then try it inside, that low of a percentage is probably pretty safe, but I am not sure it would really do much , maybe try 20per, and see , but I would use it outside and test it out at at least 50, and go from there
Sounds perfectly logical

Sa Ga

MN
Vinegar I can find.
I read that hydrogen peroxide also does the trick and that vinegar is actually less effective that the H2O2.

Bleach will kill anything and everything.... including you. I would use that as a last resort. Don't use the outdoor stuff indoors; it may have other additives that make it unsuitable for indoor surfaces. If you must use bleach (remember it is also very caustic, so be wary of pets and skin as well as your lungs), you can use the clothing bleach just fine. Honestly, the "antibacterial" bleach is more or less just a marketing ploy; a way to get you to pay a lot more for a tiny spray bottle and some fillers that make it foam up all pretty.

You will need to dilute the clothing bleach, but I am sure you can look online for that recipe.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Household bleach should always be diluted. Surfaces should be rinsed with water after disinfecting. Never use bleach solutions on anything that has a good deal of protein (ammonia) in it (urine, stool, meat, etc.) - this will produce toxic mustard gas. Well-ventilated rooms only.

You might try calling Clorox for specific advice about diluting their outdoor bleach for indoor applications: