Bookshelf enclosure

ariez189

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
So I got a bookshelf today that will be my new redfoot’s enclosure. It measure 7x3. My plan is to cut a hole in the cabinet to make a hide. I have pond liner coming Wednesday. Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 70709443495__F19E8EE6-B090-4992-8957-2D847F266F13.jpeg
    70709443495__F19E8EE6-B090-4992-8957-2D847F266F13.jpeg
    861.4 KB · Views: 6

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So I got a bookshelf today that will be my new redfoot’s enclosure. It measure 7x3. My plan is to cut a hole in the cabinet to make a hide. I have pond liner coming Wednesday. Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You need a closed chamber for a RF. Wood is not going to hold up.

What size is your RF? 7x3 feet is too small for an adult, and if its over 5 or 6 inches, an outside enclosure with a heated night box for the rare colder nights, would be better.

ariez189

Florida
You need a closed chamber for a RF. Wood is not going to hold up.

What size is your RF? 7x3 feet is too small for an adult, and if its over 5 or 6 inches, an outside enclosure with a heated night box for the rare colder nights, would be better.
I am going to get a young one (couple months old). I am going to use Gorilla Glue sealer as well as pond liner to protect the wood. I did similar on my chameleon's cage and had no issues. My plan is to build an outside enclosure as well this summer since I am off work. I found this on Amazon to close it in, just not sure about how to do the lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FC7DKG9/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am going to get a young one (couple months old). I am going to use Gorilla Glue sealer as well as pond liner to protect the wood. I did similar on my chameleon's cage and had no issues. My plan is to build an outside enclosure as well this summer since I am off work. I found this on Amazon to close it in, just not sure about how to do the lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FC7DKG9/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
I wish you good luck then.

Outside all day isn't good for babies. An hour or two now and then is okay, but outside all day everyday isn't good for babies of any species in any climate.

ariez189

Florida
I wish you good luck then.

Outside all day isn't good for babies. An hour or two now and then is okay, but outside all day everyday isn't good for babies of any species in any climate.
I understand. I meant as when it does have time outside.