Bought the type wrong mazuri advice?

pixelPro

Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood
It just occurred to that I bought the wrong mazuri for my tortoises (leopard and radiated). Is it safe to keep feeding them the "regular" version vs the "LS" one. I know on the website FAQ that the LS one is specifically for the tortoises I currently have. I'm just a bit worried that I've been giving them an unhealthy diet (they've been on this for about 6 months now)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I use my Regular Mazuri as a supplement year round. Your tort needs fresh weeds/plants that can be found year round

pixelPro

Lynnwood
I use my Regular Mazuri as a supplement year round. Your tort needs fresh weeds/plants that can be found year round

Yeah I have a few different food I cycle around so they're not eating the same stuff.

They're both 100% safe and both have very good results.
The only issue we see on this forum is that most tortoises favor the "original 5M21 and dislike the LS.
They are both fine.

Okay, I was just a bit worried that giving them the higher starch version isn't healthy.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yeah I have a few different food I cycle around so they're not eating the same stuff.

Okay, I was just a bit worried that giving them the higher starch version isn't healthy.
Somehow the results are better than you would think.
Mazuri 5M21 has been around for decades and has proven to be an excellent product.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It just occurred to that I bought the wrong mazuri for my tortoises (leopard and radiated). Is it safe to keep feeding them the "regular" version vs the "LS" one. I know on the website FAQ that the LS one is specifically for the tortoises I currently have. I'm just a bit worried that I've been giving them an unhealthy diet (they've been on this for about 6 months now)
Both versions are a good supplemental food.