Bowel movement issues possibly? Suggestions?

Nicole edwards

Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
Rocky is approximately a year and three months old and weighs around 980 grams. He normally has a bowel movement every morning in his soak. This last week he went three days with no bowel movement. I called his vet and she said he may have swallowed something and to give him a stool softener and if that doesn't work to bring him in for an x ray. Well he finally decided to go *ALOT* right before I was about to head to the vet with him, but this morning he did not use it again in his soak. I have not changed his diet up any and he is actually eating more than normal and drinks plenty of water. He eats fresh cut grass and soaked mazuri everyday and sometimes has a little aloe or cactus thrown in. Any suggestions why is isn't going regular lately?

Also, here's a cute picture of him to throw in :D
IMG_3679.PNG
He seems to be growing prefectly!
IMG_3659.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can occasionally offer wetter foods to help lubricate the insides. Things like aloe, cucumber, watermelon. Please note the OCCASIONALLY part of my sentence.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also add a wider variety to his diet. Much more then the few items you listed is needed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mulberry leaf, hibiscus flower and leaf, more cactus, dandelion, orchard and or alfalfa hay, as much variety as you can. This time of year, add a little pumpkin, all of it, skin meat seeds. It's also a natural dewormer too.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Now that Speedy is outside , I wet all his food down with a little spray bottle just to make sure he is getting more water ! When he gets his hay I soak it first !